old database in new vbulletin. Please Help

dhan

I accidently deleted my vbulletin forum 3.6.8
but i have my databse beckup (.sql) file saved on my pc. so now Can anyone tell me how to install the old database file in my new vbulletin???? Please help.

dhan

Thanks bro.
But after importing the .sql file which config.php file i have to edit?
From my FTP or the original config.php which came alongwith the Vbulletin Package?

alexD

The original one you edited for your install. The one with your database info (username, password, bdname). Its in the includes folder. If you have phpmyadmin import the sql file into a new database like hoxxy said before.

dhan

I have edited the config.php file and uploaded it. but after it it shows the following error msg:
'' Database error
The database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:

* Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
* Open the *******.com home page, then try to open another page.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

The ******************.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists. ''

Please Help.

alexD

Did you make sure that your database matched the one you uploaded your sql file into and that your using the same version as before? You cant use a 3.6 db back up on 3.7 theres been to many changes to the tables for that check to make sure that your username and password are correct for accessing that database and that your sql upload worked.

dhan

my beckup.sql file is from vb3.6.8 and i uploaded it to 3.6.8 but the problem still occurs.

dhan

Guyz I m about to CRY

Please can anybody do it for me? I shall give my beckup file. Please Help me.

dhan

Finally i managed to import the beckup file and changed the database info at the config.php file and uploaded it. Now the problem is that No user even Me can login to the forum. After clicking login vbulletin message shows ''Thanks for Logging in'' but after redirection i found my self not logged in. But in the logged in members list it shows my name. it is important to sign in as all of my forum threads are for the registered users. Please Help

alexD

Hey send me a copy of it and i`ll first run an install on my home server and get it to work for you based on my results PM me the download link I suggest a rapaidshare link and send me the kill link so no one will be able tio get your database. Also what mods did you have installed if any so i can grab them from vbulleyin.com and get this working for you as soon as possible.

dhan , am also in trouble with the same prob .

i dont know how to import the database to the new database , i also use the Bigdump ..

but getting an error .

Stopped at the line 360.

At this place the current query includes more than 300 dump lines. That can happen if your dump file was created by some tool which doesn't place a semicolon followed by a linebreak at the end of each query, or if your dump contains extended inserts. Please read the BigDump FAQs for more infos.

please can anyone help me ... please please please help me

dhan

First create a folder in your root directory of your ftp named bigdump. then drop all the tables from the databse. then in the directory, bigdump you have to upload the bigdump.php configured with your database. then if your beckup file is more then 2 mb then upload it via your ftp. and place it in the bigdump folder. It worked for me. But be confirmed that your current database tables doesnot contain any important data as you are droping it.