Need UK managed host advice

webmasterbeta

You guys probably get sick of these requests.But I need some advice on a good, reliable managed UK dedicated host as my current host has disabled my account for it being too busy :(My primary needs are MySQL, php/apache ideally with cpanel for mostly phpBBMy current web site goes around 35gb/month transfer and only about 4gb disk space. Lots of dynamic requests going on.Budget around ?0-?0 mark.Currently thinking 1and1 or fasthosts - no experience of eitherTIAHi
My site have the same specs as yours, did you find a new host?NeilyC,

There'll be no sensible host in the UK providing a managed dedicated server for that sort of price. 1&1 and fasthosts are probably the two hosts you'd want to stay furthest away from if support is a priority!

If it's a managed dedicated server you're looking for I would suggest raising your budget to at least ?50 per month. If a reliable shared hosting provide is what you had in mind you could ask for recommendations in that part of webhostingtalk.com or alternatively I'd recommend <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.catalyst2.com">www.catalyst2.com</a><!-- w -->.

Kind regards,
KrisYou're going to pay £40 a month just for a basic machine, Add cpanel and any level of patch management or engineering time and you're at £ 100+ before you know where you are.You *could* get yourself a cost effective server from someone like rack365 above, and then outsource the management to another company.However...I'd prefer everything all done under one roof.If your project is important to you, I'd strongly advise you don't cut costs. And those you think you are getting your management off at such low cost...think...is it really going to be to the standard of management you require at that price? ;)A managed VPS may be able to handle your site and would fall in your budget. I can't think of many UK VPS providers other than <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.clook.net">www.clook.net</a><!-- w -->, but they do have a good reputation.