Need Managed Dedicated Server Recommendation

wxdqz

After a year and a half with Servstra it seems they don抰 want me as a customer anymore. I have been having server issues for a month now and have paid to have the OS system reloaded and a level 2 security plan re-installed. The server hasn抰 delivered any email or given access to FTP, Cpanel or browser for going on three days. Tech support has been useless in resolving the issues. First they will say nothing is wrong then they will say they fixed it. Nothing changes卌an抰 access server. Looking for an affordable managed server for my domains Currently have this configuration, which worked well when it was working AMD-SEMPRON-2600 Cpanel with Fantastico IP Addresses: 8 (5 usable) Offsite Backup Space: 10GB Operating System: CentOS 4.x Primary Storage: 80GB Hard Drive Pro-Active Monitoring: 3 Services RAM: 512MB Security Plan 2 Tier 1 Bandwidth: 1500GB Uplink Port Speed:10Mbps uplink Can you recommend a new home for my domains with service like Servsta provided in the past.Im running PHP forums so I need the latest stable versions of PHP and MySqlIf you want truely managed hosting where people will actually look after your business (i.e. proactively manage your servers whatever it takes - not monitor 3 services here and there, and offer you a certain level of security, etc) there's a price to pay, what is your budget for this?DanGot a budget of $130 per monthYou won't get fully managed for $130.I recommend you get a server from somewhere like ManageMyBox.com and get it managed by PlatinumServerManagement.com. That's more in your budget.Got a budget of $130 per monthYou are never going to get a real managed server for that price, sorry.As the others have pointed out increase your budget to get a fully proactive managed plan. Admins cost money and with that kind low of payment there is just not enough profit to cover the expense plus the server.You should check out platinumservermanagement.com We use them and they are the best out there.Considering my server needs the above described server and a 3rd party plan for management should be doable. How about some suggestions on where to get a server with good service from the provider. I think I will sign up with platinumservermanagement.com to keep it running.We have a couple of servers at Layeredtech and their pretty good. You should check them outWe have a couple of servers at Layeredtech and their pretty good. You should check them out

He's looking for a managed server. If he does take self managed he already has a server with layeredtech (from Servstra and could transfer it I guess).yes you would certainly need to up your budget if youre looking for a managed box with those specs.Your servers are cPanel based I see.. Guess what? You are in total luck my webhostingtalk friend. I would highly recommend you give <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.platinumservermanagement.com">http://www.platinumservermanagement.com</a><!-- m --> a try, they will manage all of your cpanel servers. Worried about cost? Worry no further, only $29.00 a month for your first server and $19.00 for all of your additional servers. This company is very popular here, and hold a very strong reputation, they are around the clock 24 hours 7 days a week, 365. They will do unlimited admin work so you don't have to worry about being limited on what you can do or what you want, explore your mind and let your imagination come alive! You won't be sorry, this company is pure solid and they are great. Just give them a shot!Best of luck! Good choice on your DS @ LT. They are good too!!The server he's asking for is really low-end - his budget is totally realistic to get a fully managed server.--TinaThe server he's asking for is really low-end - his budget is totally realistic to get a fully managed server.--Tina It is quite amusing to see such a vast contrast in opinions. I agree that my requirements for a server/service are not beyond my budget. Just wish I could find that special place to store my X抯 and O抯. Now that my server is working again I can search with a little less stress.The server he's asking for is really low-end - his budget is totally realistic to get a fully managed server.--TinaI'd disagree, are you telling me you'd provide full proactive management of a server and a highly redundant network for $40/month? That's taking $60/month for the cost of the server / bandwidth / power and $30/month for the cost of the cPanel license off...Yes I'm sure some people will do it but seriously, $40 is an hours wages for an experienced administrator - leaving off any profit at all, IMHO 1 hour per month per customer is not sufficient to provide a fully managed service inc. quality helpdesk coverage. Sure you can employ monkeys for $10/hour but when the **** hits the fan and your customer is stuffed because the tech is clueless about how to fix the problem, that's when customers start to see the rather large difference between 'cheap' managed, and 'proper' managed.Some people aren't going to like this post, but that's my view on it and always will be ...DanI'd disagree, are you telling me you'd provide full proactive management of a server and a highly redundant network for $40/month?

Yes, we do/have for years. If the client doesn't expect root access, so there's not much to screw up or go wrong, its not that difficult. Streamline and automate most things and everyone's happy. ;)

--TinaI suggest <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.seeksadmin.com">www.seeksadmin.com</a><!-- w --> ,that guys know what tey are doing,just check it on his website..Try <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.jonesolutions.com">www.jonesolutions.com</a><!-- w -->, they are far more experienced that many "administration companies" here ;)Your servers are cPanel based I see.. Guess what? You are in total luck my webhostingtalk friend. I would highly recommend you give <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.platinumservermanagement.com">http://www.platinumservermanagement.com</a><!-- m --> a try, they will manage all of your cpanel servers. Worried about cost? Worry no further, only $29.00 a month for your first server and $19.00 for all of your additional servers. This company is very popular here, and hold a very strong reputation, they are around the clock 24 hours 7 days a week, 365. They will do unlimited admin work so you don't have to worry about being limited on what you can do or what you want, explore your mind and let your imagination come alive! You won't be sorry, this company is pure solid and they are great. Just give them a shot!im simply spell it out. (if i try to explain how i feel about PSM i might get all soft and cuddly....)they are great! if i had the money for a plane ticket.... i might just show up at their door to give them a real hug :blush:i NEVER thought it was possible for anyone to offer such a service. for such a price!!!PSM has one thing in mind. server management. you dont see them fiddling with. idk. a full setup like domains/hosting/software/support/whatever else.they "specialize" and thats what sets them "above" the rest :)give them a try! or il have to start getting all soft and cuddly on you! :D