My review of Seeksadmin

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I recently bought my first dedicated server. And I had no earlier experience with any kind of server management. I've only used shared hosting accounts, so everything's been taken care of by my hosts. But my site has grown and it's too big for shared hosting so I had to get a dedicated server. About a week after I bought the server, I still had problems with it and I couldn't get everything to work properly so I couldn't get my sites back up. Therefor I made a thread on WHT explaining my situation. I don't have a big budget so I pointed that out as well. I got a few replies from people that were interested and I basically chose Tris from Seeksadmin because he said he had some years experience with server administration. And it turned out to be the right choice. The same day as I made the thread on WHT, I contacted Tris on MSN and I gave him some information so he could set up a support account for me on Seeksadmin.com. He also told me that I won't pay until the job is completely done. And that's a really good thing. Than you'll know for sure that you're not being ripped off. So he set up my account right away and then I could login there and give him all my server information. After I submitted my server information, it didn't take long before he started working on my server. And I think the server set up and security configurations were done on the same day that I requested the help. The job was done real quick. The server was set up and I could start upping my sites again. As one of my sites is a message board, I had to import a database on 900MB. And that's something I know nothing about that. I've always left that kind of stuff for my host to do. So I asked if Tris could help me with that and he did. There were some problems at first because the MySQL software on my new box was a different version to the MySQL on my old hosting account. So because of that they couldn't import the database. But they kindly helped me upgrade the MySQL software and after that they started uploading the database for me. Everything was done real quick and everything's working great with the server now. Talking to the guys from Seeksadmin on MSN is basically like talking to your friends. They are very friendly, helpfull, and easy to talk to. I payed $50 to get my server set up. And for that price I got a server set up and a security package worth $150. They secured my server, upgraded the MySQL, imported a big database, spent a lot of time helping me with server related things, and I've been able to ask a lot of questions. They have helped me a lot and I definitely know who I'll go to if I need any more help with my box.Good to hear that ;)Thank you for the review and your nice words. It was nice talking to you and I hope you made a friend in the process of this business.Thank you for the reviewil be checking them outI recently contracted SeeksAdmin to help with a database load issue from a rather large phpbb installation. They were very responsive in upgrading and optimizing the server, and have been very reactive in helping me chase down other causes of load issues.Overall, they are a very good value for the money.Congratulations :)good pricing will check them upNice review dude, I'll be sure to check them out.Very nice review men and succes with your deticated server:)Do they offer a flat-rate subscription based model as well that includes anything that comes up?All our administration packages come with extra hours work which we will do whatever you want us to do in that time.

However we are prone to making custom packages if you need oneTr Seeks, can you add me to msn: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> or ask Matt to come online. I have some job of server optimization to be done