My 6/7 months review on seeksadmin so far

webmasterbeta

Greetings,

Since there are lots of requests for reviews of seeksadmin, i'll share mine :)

I'm with seeksadmin for about 6/7 monts now, in short; its quite ok for what you pay for.

In detail;

When i just signed up.. it was pretty good, they allways responded between the 6 hour response time they advertised and they did their work good.

My tickets always where answered by John Holdsworth which seemed to be a very knowlegdeable and professional tech.

Then the ''revamping'' came.. and for some reason, suddenly indian names came up and anwered the tickets, which should be OK.. i'm OK with ''indian talent''.

I wish that was the only things that have changed, some tickets are open for 1 week now.. (monitoring tickets for example) and the techs are making lots of mistakes, for example;

I just asked them to update the mysql on my server to version 4.1.22 (4.1.21 was installed).. result; allmost a whole day mysql is down now

I opened a ticket telling them the update had failed.. they responded with ''Php 4.4.7 is not compatible with Mysql 4.1.22'' must we update your php to 5? i responded with that the error clearly indicates that the eroor is with the mysql client, phpinfo shows ; Client API 3.23.49.

I asked them serveral times to update the client.. but after asking several times, they dont seem to do it.

Its like the indian guys arent understanding everything.

Also secuirity doesnt seem to be their best thing, i asked them to install the basic secuirity package, they responded with that it was installed... but nothing was installed at all, i was left with a open server, in the end i needed to tell THEM what to do like disable direct root login ect.. this is not what you should tell to a linux system administrator i think.

Seeksadmin was once good.. but now, they seem to fail several times and they messed up my whole mysql :eek: .. so it may be better to do no more seeksadmin for me in the future.I'm sorry you are not happy with Seeks Admin, I would highly suggest you look into <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.PlatinumServerManagement.com">www.PlatinumServerManagement.com</a><!-- w -->, they charge a rock solid price ($29.00/per month on the 1st server, second server is only $19.00 per month) and they are pretty good on secruity and get you set up with it right away, they have highly trained experience techs and know what their doing and are all us based. They have unlimited admin work for one solid monthly price, very in tuned with their clients and all issues are fixed within a real resonable time. They are around the clock 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365. They don't complain, they just get the job done and correctly, the first time. They even have a free monitoring thing most management companies don't offer, so if your server is offline PSM will contact your datacenter and have it rebooted, not to mention every sunday you get a monitoring report from PSM in which gives you detailed information your uptime all week. This company is extremely great, you should give them a shot. Best of luck on who ever you move to and again I'm sorry you didnt have such a great experience with seeksadmin, hopefully your next move to where you go, hopefully PSM then you should be once again happy. Thanks for taking the time to write the review, and take care.I have had a similar experience with SeeksAdmin as the original poster. However, despite the Indian talent, the work still seems to get done. Sometimes it does seem as if they do not really understand what you are looking for. I would look at another company like PSM, however they do not support FreeBSD unfortunately. Overall, I have been happy with SeeksAdmin, but they leave a bit to be desired from their techs.Interesting. I was looking at seeksadmin and saw a few good reviews about them. Seems like they've gone downhill lately then.I had a first and last experience with SeeksAdmin about 4 months ago. Singed up, paid for the service and didn't hear back from them for two days. Requested a refund for no services provided. Got an apology and a refund minus the setup fee. Since it was only $10 I didn't even want to waste my time trying to fight them to get my setup fee back.

Best part is I had the same experience with Acunett. I was like WTF? 2 for 2 in less then four days. After talking to Ronny from Acunett and straightening things out I decided to give them a go and haven't been disappointed so far.I decided to give them a go and haven't been disappointed so far.

Hi,

May I ask what you pay them and what services they provide? Did you consider Touchsupport and why did you not select them?

Thanks.Hi,

May I ask what you pay them and what services they provide? Did you consider Touchsupport and why did you not select them?

Thanks.

I pay $65 or something like that. I didn't have time to test out Touch as I only had four days left to get my server setup/secured and all my hosting accounts moved over.

Arek