Multiple Account Registration Prevention 1.0.2

Nightvision

*Note* This requires the Multiple Account Login Detector (AE Detector) in order to function. Big thanks to MPDev for the AE Detector hack, I have used/modified his code for use in parts of this mod (with permission).

*Note 2* My forum's servers are driving me nuts right now, big load times, etc and I'm about to cut myself from waiting for a page to load - so I haven't thoroughly tested all the new goodies I've added. If you find that something doesn't work please let me know.

Description
When an user registers, this plugin checks for the cookie that the AE Detector sets, if it exists, then this plugin will move the user to a specified usergroup (default is to the (COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation usergroup). This will now check the user's IP address upon registration, and if it matches any others, it will place them in the Multiple Account (MA) usergroup . Also you have the option to ban the new account if the old account was banned.

You can turn the new features on/off accordingly in the settings area.

Install / Upgrade
Download the attached XML file, and import it at
Admin Control Panel > Plugins & Products > Manage Products > Add/Import Product

Remember to "Allow Overwrite" if you are upgrading.

Mod Info
1 - Query
3 - Phrases
2 - Plugins
0 - Template
0 - Template Edits

v1.0.2
  • Fixed some major bugs that made the last release basically useless.
v1.0.1
  • There is now an option prevent account registrations based on IP addresses.
  • If a banned user attempts to create a new account, the new account will automatically be banned.
  • Multiple account registrations will now send a PM or make a thread
v1.0.0
  • Initial beta release
vbulletin.org website:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=127045