Mass contacts importer

Walter Mitty

The original poster of this add on got baned from the org for selling it as as his own work.

First he did a scaled down version, then tried selling the full version.

This is a stand alone contacts inviter. Set a link to it from your forums and your members can send invites to all the people in their email contacts lists.

See the atached image for email clients suported.

First you need to run the curl test to see if your server is compatible.

If it is, you can use the full script.

You will need to go through some of the files and add your own details there and remove the links to the now defunct sellers website.

Install instructions
Code:
Note : You are not suppose to remove "powered by" links from the footer...
Download Full Version Contacts Inviter : http://www.projectsplanet.com/buy-sell-trade-services-products/718-%5Bsale%5Dcontacts-inviter-script-orkut-gmail-yahoo-hotmail-facebook-myspace-more.html

Installation :

Its damn easy!!
1. Extract contents of "Projects Planet Contacts Inviter.zip".
2. Edit "Upload/msg.txt" and write your own invitation mail message in there.
3. Edit "Upload/sub.txt" and write your own invitation mail subject in there.
4. Edit "next.php". Its a page displayed after contacts are successfully invited. 
4. Upload all the contents of folder "Upload".
Thats it!! access yourdomain.com/importer.php
now you can integrate importer.php in your VB forum any way you like.

How to integrate in forum :

1. Go to"Admin-cp"
2. Expand "Languages And Phrases" and click on "Search in phrases"
3. Search for text :

Thank you, <strong>{1}</strong>. Your registration is now complete.<br />

4. It will open "Varname : $vbphrase[registration_complete]"
5. In text field write your message or refer to Projects Planet message below :

Thank you, <strong>{1}</strong>.<strong>You are just 1 step away from registration!!</strong>
<br/>
<h1>Final Step :</h1>
Invite your friends to join you at Projects Planet! <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.projectsplanet.com/importer.php"><strong>Click Here To Proceed To Final Step.</strong></a>
<br/>
<br/>
You can invite your friends/contacts from <strong>Orkut, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, MSN, Thunderbird, ICQ, AOL, Live, Rediffmail, Indiatimes, Lycos, Myspace, Facebook, Friendster, and many more.</strong>
<br/>
<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.projectsplanet.com/importer.php"><strong>Continue >></strong></a>

5. Click on "Save" button and thats all!! ;)

bulletin

i think this Contact Importer is already there in this forum, why did you created thread with similar post?

bulletin

Walter Mitty said:
I never realised it was already on here. Something I had tucked away on my hard drive.

Sorry about that

no problem, next time do a bit search and see whether that thread already exsists or not.

Walter Mitty

If its this one your on about
http://www.vbteam.info/vb-3-7-x-add...anet-presents-contacts-inviter-vb-3-7-xx.html

This one is the full version of the above.

Projects Planet was found to be a scam artist releasing the above product under his own name and brand. Set up a fake forum after releasing a trial version and then got banned from the org for scamming people.

All his so called forum members were fake when you closer inspected it.

He tried selling several different versions, all with different limitations or per amount of web sites you could use it on. But if you purchased the cheaper version, you got the full version plus some story about wanting more money due to the copy he sold you.

h@ck3r

Walter Mitty said:
The program that was ripped off and rebadged was this one
Octazen Solutions - Contacts Importer for Hotmail,Yahoo,AOL,Gmail,etc and Invite Sender for MySpace,Hi5,Bebo,Friendster, etc!

It was only when it was pointed out by someone that the developer rebadged it and passed it off as his own work, did it get pulled.

Which is a starting point if anyone does try to track down a nulled copy.

Yes this would be nice!!

I don't know how to 'request' nullers to null something but I'm on the case trying to find out now! :D