Managed Servers from The Planet???

wxdqz

Is it just mor, or did the planet drop there server management when the new website came up? I've tried contacting them with this question but never get a response back.Is it just mor, or did the planet drop there server management when the new website came up? I've tried contacting them with this question but never get a response back. Wish we could help ya - best bet is to stay clear of The Planet. We'd like to tell you our story but it's against the rules. ::shrugs:: Oh well, we all have to learn our lessons.Is it just mor, or did the planet drop there server management when the new website came up?

I've tried contacting them with this question but never get a response back.

From recent feedback here it seems like TP have lost all ability to look after even unmanaged servers, I would be very doubtful of their ability to actually manage anything properly.

I do say this from a competitors point of view but I'm sure other (non competitors) would agree with my statement...

DanWow, my post got deleted, and I qualify as a direct customer of TP as we have a few test boxes with them for off-network stuff. Guess I broke the rules also.

To answer your question, seems TP wants you to call and discuss or fill out a request form for any managed services these days...

- John C.I guess its a new dedicated provider from here on in then......We still have managed services. There is a link to managed on the main page of our site, right next to the one for dedicated. I believe you'll still need to call sales for a quote though.I used them but after the merge with Ev1servers.net their support has suffered.I have four servers with The Planet right now. Service was GREAT until recently. Really, I never had any downtime other than what was scheduled in the middle of the night for maintenance. In the last three weeks, I've had two servers go computely down for 3-4 hours and one that is misbehaving on and off due to Plesk not working correctly. I have "platinum" management on all... But, it doesn't seem like that's getting me anything right now. What I've found is, when you have a problem, you have to first submit a ticket and then pick up the phone... or no one will even look at the ticket for a half hour or more. Note: I'm new around here and hope this post fits into the guidelines (which I just read).Why is it against the rules to post about experiences that you have with a company? I thought that was part of what WHT was about, was sharing knowledge.Anyways...we have been a customer of The Planet for quite a while, and have had both the fortune, and misfortune, to see many changes. When TP & EV1 merged together last spring / summer, things were going ok. Support and service were good. Then things started getting rocky. Our account was transferred to their new "Key Accounts" division, which was supposed to correct many of the issues that I was addressing to their management team. They cleared up for a while, but went south yet again. The straw that broke the camels back, was when it took my rep 4 weeks to get me a quote.A long story short, we used to have a lot of machines with them. We currently have moved them all elsewhere, but 4. Those 4, will be moved within 3 months.Yeah - moved away 2 big machines from TP as well in the last 2 months
the last machine will follow this month

TP lost all my trust for being able to handle ANYTHING since it took me 3 days to cancel the first server properly...

ThePlanet ist just nothing else but a hassle!FYI - this thread just triggered me to order the next server with SLYep. I've been moving some of our stuff to SL, and they've been great to deal with.Yesterday, I ordered 4 new servers from SoftLayer... Got them all in a couple of hours and had them set up shortly after that. By the time I went to bed, I was able to switch the DNS over and I see them serving up already today. I must say, this is the very first setup I've ever done where I didn't have to submit a ticket for anything. They even had it set up so that I could add my domains to their name servers without having to ask them to do it. So far, I'm extremely impressed. I'll be going with TotalServerSolutions.com for the management. (I'm setting up a set of backup servers over at AxisHOST right now.) Next week, I'll be able to cancel all my servers at The Planet. The last three weeks have been miserable!