Managed server using Plesk

wxdqz

Hello: I am looking for a fully managed dedicated web server that uses a Plesk control panel. I cannot afford Rack Space as they start at US$400 per month. I would appreciate it if I could stay belowUS$200 per month and still get good quality service. I need all the help as my current host is having too many issues.Thank youLinux or Windows Plesk? How much HD Space needed, Bandwidth, etc.I need all the help as my current host is having too many issues.So, why don't you go with your current hosting?Linux Plesk with at least 40GB and 300GB of bandwidth should be good. I am not a linux person but I rather it as it is more stable and since it will be managed I would not have to worry much about knowing the details. The current host has had down times twice too close in a four month period, plus they don't offer managed services so at times I am on my own to fix the problems or if an adjusment is needed.Actually your budget is pretty enough. But as u see companies are giving more support to cPanel then pleskAny good reason why cPanel is getting more support than Plesk?At this point in time, I don't think there is a good reason. Plesk has CPanel beat for the moment IMO. I suppose there are just so many hosts out there that started off with cpanel and can't or don't want to think outside the box. Or they have cpanel blood flowing through their veins. My first panel I started to manage was Plesk (since the 5.x days) and I've tried to make the move to support both Plesk and CPanel, but I just can't stand the look of cpanel.. It is so darn ugly looking! Plesk is also more stable, some won't agree, and definately less resource intensive. Also, Plesk 8.1 has been optimized to run on Virtuozzo so that is another thing they have going for them. Good luck :)Any good reason why cPanel is getting more support than Plesk?I dont judge a book by its cover.One of the main reasons I detest cPanel is the fact that it is bloated with so many features that are supposed to be executed from shell, like mounting drive, recompiling apache and such. They have all these unwanted redundant features in the main control panel which they think might make things easier for the client but there are just too many darn options.I prefer plesk personally becuase it does the job of what control panels are supposed to do. Have easy access to features that are used almost on a daily basis or frequently. You dont need to mount a hard drive everyday, you dont need to recompile apache everyday, you dont need to change mysql passowrd everyday, so why include those unwanted options?And thus, as JB Web mentioned, it makes plesk a lot less resource intensive than cPanel. And yes, I admit, I like the template and organization of Plesk more than cPanel. There! I said it!I think there are some really good offers with Fully Managed Servers, Plesk and still nice Hardware under $200/month in the Dedicated Offers Forum.I have to second the thoughts on cPanel, I don't see it as a professional control panel. Nearly every single time a new version comes out (and this gets installed on cPanel boxes nightly automatically unless you disable it), there's usually something that worked before broken. These aren't small things either, a while back an update that was released brought Apache down on thousands of cPanel servers with automatic updates enabled through a configuration error, Apache would not even start, it took cPanel a good 12 hours before they came up with a fix for this by which time most people had fixed their servers manually.I honestly never see it becoming a better control panel because I imagine they're spending all their time fixing things they broke in the first place. I don't mind giving credit where it's due, even if the past was bad, but no improvements have been made at all...DanI think there are some really good offers with Fully Managed Servers, Plesk and still nice Hardware under $200/month in the Dedicated Offers Forum.Most providers offer Plesk for the same price as cPanel, in some cases, even less.

Basically, you're looking for management and a quality server. Plesk shouldn't be a problem.you can check the leatest promo offer from liquidweb for managed dedicated ~ $120LIquidWeb doesn't offer managed Plesk on Linux.