Managed Server Advice Needed

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

I am starting an unique auction website Linux based PHP, MYsql. I am very focused on my marketing campaign, so i expect it to grow rapidly seeing that I am marketing worldwide. I am looking for the best managed server solution thats professional and have scalable options and can provide cluster solutions and charge a reasonable price. If the website has 1,000 members or 1,000,000 members which Managed Server Solution provide the best service, the best bang for your buck and what server specs do you advise that i start with? Thank You in advance for all of your responses both positive and negative. I simply want to know of your professional experiences with Managed Servers so i can make a accurate decision.

Thanks
SuperMonsterThe best thing for you to do is search the forums for a few reputable manged server providers and then contact them. This way you can let them know up front what you expect and also get a felling for how responsive they will be. Most major datacenters with good staff will be able to fit the bill in your situation.Ofcourse, many webhosting companies with good technical support will do everything as per your request. But if you need proactive server management, you would have to hire somebody, either a system administrator or a server management company.Ofcourse, many webhosting companies with good technical support will do everything as per your request. But if you need proactive server management, you would have to hire somebody, either a system administrator or a server management company.

That's not true, many real managed hosting companies do offer proactive management. I personally think that management isn't management unless it is done proactively.

DanHello,Thank You for the response however Real Management Companies or ProActive Management Companies regardless the argument no one is providing any relevant information such as url and experience references.ThanksSuperMonsterWhile I have never used a Managed Server provider for my dedicated servers, because I have the skills to manage my machines myself, I do know of a Managed Hosting company here in Missoula that is top notch and does do proactive Management and has experts in PHP hosting.Check out <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.modwest.com">http://www.modwest.com</a><!-- m --> and look at their Managed Servers product. It's not the cheapest solution, but what you get for the extra cost is support and server management.I would also look into the various posts here about the Server Admin companies and form your own view of their skills, problems and others opinions to help you decide. Remeber, for every 1 person that posts something positive in any forum, 10 more post something negative. This is the nature of humans, we have a desire to complain that is much stronger than our desire to give praise.If I were you and I was planning on building out a scalable solution and wanted management services, I'd first look for a managed host that has strong skills and advertises a "core competency" which relates to the technology I will be using. I would also ask for references, specifically from other companies that have technically advanced hosting requirements and can give you some information about the prospetive hosts's skills and response times.Good luck!Contact Dan @ RazorBlue <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> he can get you a quote on a *truly* managed setup. We've been with them for a while and have not had any issues whatsoever. We've also been thrilled with the quick response times. Highly recommended.Contact Dan @ RazorBlue <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> he can get you a quote on a *truly* managed setup. We've been with them for a while and have not had any issues whatsoever. We've also been thrilled with the quick response times. Highly recommended.
I agree.. Dan is awesome!