Liquidweb or Hivelocity?

wxdqz

Were creating a website that offers pop3 webmail accounts for a christian college in California. Our site is all done in php and backened by mysql. Im looking for something affordable Im not really experienced when it comes to knowing much about servers. But I need the following Unix ServerRaid 199% UptimeMYSQLUnlimited POP3Hard Drive ( up to 500gb) Were looking into hivelocity.net or liquidweb.com / Both companies offer great storage but liquidweb doesn't offer good bandwidth options. And I've heard some bad things about hivelocity.net. I don't know which to choose. Or is there anything better Andrew... ThanksYou should go with liquidweb. They have a much better network (faster too). I have used both and would choose liquidweb over hivelocity, however hivelocity had great support, so did liquidweb.What about bandwidth? I heard liquidweb can get pricy with bandwidth,Hello,

We currently house our servers in Liquid Web. It is worth the price for the bandwidth and if you know who to contact they'll make deals for you. Hivelocity can sometimes be a little unfriendly whem it comes to someone spamming.I Have been with Hivelocity for a few months now. I must say, that I'm happy with their network uptime. I have not had any problems yet. :agree:

GSLiquid web is great. Very reliable and fast.I just had a machine go down there ... when I called for a reboot, the tech support was so polite and helpful that I am blown away. He really seemed to care about the machine. Not only did he want it rebooted, he wanted to find out why it went down and how I noticed first (before their monitoring). I said it was an old machine and I was getting rid of it anyways. After asking if I was too busy to talk, he offered multiple good suggestions (rackspace type support). How could I ever leave a company with tech support people like that? I can't. I will always keep at least one machine at liquid (as long as their tech support is so good). I really think support staff under estimate their affect on the success/sales of a company. They "are the company" when they are communicating with customers.If I got extremely bad/rude support, I would post about it .... so I guess I should do the same when it is extremely good/polite support. Liquid is well worth trying for managed servers.LiquidWeb offer great fully managed servers and HiVelocity offer great unmanaged servers. Are you willing to pay the extra for the management?Liquid web is great. Very reliable and fast.
Ironically, your site is loading quite slow for me right now :\It is loading slow for me as well. Is there a history of connectivity issues with liquidweb?Every Company Have Some Good Points and bad points also. But Hivelocity Is Impoving there Service. Both Are Same !!Ironically, your site is loading quite slow for me right now :\

it's probably his site. Our main page loads slowly at times but our regular more optimized forum pages load very quickly.I've used hivelocity before and I had no problems using it