Link Swap

Alan

Many people are convinced that they should swap links onlywith related sites. They feel that this is so importantthat they routinely reject link swap offers because the siteis not related to theirs and they dictate link swap policy thatexcludes non-related site. When I ask them why they believe that theory, they don't reallyknow. They like to quote others, as if they believe everything they read.I can think of only one reason, it's possible that you'll get moretraffic from a related site than from a non-related site, but that'snot exactly chiseled in stone either. But if that is true, thanit must also be true that you are giving up, (sending), your traffic to those related sites also.My reason for link swapping is higher PR and better search engineresults position. In November I added about 35 PR4 links and inearly December, my homepage went from PR4 up to PR5 and myinner pages went from PR2 to PR4.If interested link swapping, pm me or post here.BompaHi Bompa,You've got a great series of posts going on here, its much appreciated and I would also like to stick to the facts when trying to figure out what makes Google tick.Your link exchange sounds interesting. I also agree that it doesn't really matter where PR comes from, but I consider it dangerous to link TO someone that is considered a 'bad neighborhood' by Google (please don't get me wrong, I'm not implying at all that your site is a bad neighborhood!).Hold on...I just typed a bunch of stuff in here that might be useful in a new post.Hi I have 5 adult phone sites with PR 5 and 4 index and 3 PR on most pages inside. I would love to exchange links email me [email protected] take SEO seriously but I only swap with related sites cos that what my user wants. Put users 1st then SEOHowever Inktomi reads Bold and Headed text on the referring url so Google could do the same in the future! The Theory is talked about in googe http://www2002.org/CDROM/refereed/127/Quote:Johan007 wrote:There is no evidence that it is.IMO Google has no choice but to use topic sensitive PR algorithm. Take a look a Inktomi results - they take bold text and titles from the referring page!Bompa wrote:Add your links here:http://www.telluriderealestate.biz/add_url.htmI do not quite believe the theory either. But there is one engine that uses something like that. They base there rankings on authority sites and that is Teoma.vetofunk wrote: