JonesSolutions.com 9 month Review

admin

Administrator
Staff member
In a nutshell, having a server hosted and maintained by JoneSolutions dot com has been a great experience. Talk about pro-active, every night I received emails describing what parts of Centos and CPanel were updated. You don't have to request anything. Your server is just kept up to date. If my server had any small hiccups, an email was sent to me because JoneSolutions monitors all the ports for you. Uptime was perfect from my subjective experience. Neither me nor my users noticed any (although the monitoring noticed a thing or two, which was always fixed before I read the emails). I received an email whenever anyone logged into the server as root. Server Hardening was excellent. I won't list all the little tweaks I noticed, but I will mention there were nightly checks for rootkits. Jones is able to do this because he has it all automated. I sometimes worry about renting from a company that gets "too successful". People tend to flock to the companies that are doing good at the moment, swamp them, and then everything goes bad. I was not worried about that at JoneSolutions due to all the intelligent automation he has. Also, he has other sys admins who work when hes not personally on line. So I really don't think you don't have to worry about a one man show being swamped. And if you need help, whenever I sent a ticket to them it was replied to by a human within 15 minutes, and they kept working on it until it was done. All his people have a great attitude. Two things that factored into my original decision to rent from JoneSolutions was his helpful presence on the straight talking WebHostingTalk dot com (double talkers die a quick death here), his features, and the great price for his managed servers. What prompted me to do the 9 month review is that I am moving away from JoneSolutions. My website did not get enough traffic to pay for the luxury of a managed server. My site (HarmonicaBoogie dot com) is a great site, but I was too busy having fun on the site to do a proper promotion (We are all a bunch of partying musicians.). And now, instead of promoting, I'm going to code a new round of features which will take months. HarmonicaBoogie dot com is a php/MySQL site that serves a lot of mp3s via http. I know it is always suspicious when a new user praises a server company. My previous name here at WebHostingTalk was HamtramckRick, so you can search for my previous comments on this and that. Unfortunately I could not remember the email address at a totally different domain I was using, so I had to create a new registration. This was my first experience with a managed server. Previously I used reseller hosting at many places, the most memorable were TurnkeyResellers dot com (Wow what a long and tangled story there, but I dodged the bullet early and watched from a distance), and Dathorn dot com . Dathorn dot com has superb reseller hosting. Jones also offers reseller hosting, but I never tried it. I just recently moved some small sites back to Dathorn dot com because of my great experience. When I sent my email to JoneSolutions to cancel my service, I received an acknowledgement from a person within 20 minutes, and I received the notice that my the automatic billing had been cancelled on the next business day. You can't beat that for professionalism. Thank you Net, thank you JoneSolutions.Rick BeallGlad your happy with them and I hope you counintue to get good service with these guys. Good luck and thanks for the review!