Issues with XEN Windows VPS

awara

So, my issue is this.

For some odd reason, my Windows 2008 R2 VPS, under XEN
atTlr.jpg
refuse to connect to the internet, while it's accessible through Solus VNC.
Both support and me, tried lots of things, changing IP, messing with DNS to google's DNS, even reinstalling windows from the ground up, while keeping backup on same VPS. But not much luck. So I gave up from finding solution to get internet access on that VPS. It's simply over my possibilities, to check hardware. However, their staff confirms that other VPS containers on same physical server in same IP range, have no problem.

Now, my question is this.
Is it possible, to setup another VPS in same IP range, and turn on simple file sharing on windows, and use internal network to backup files, transferring from one to other VPS? Did anyone tried this, or can at least imagine situation, and tell me if this is even remotely possible?

It's like 2 dedicated servers, not using internet, but only internal network, for sharing files. Or home network, same purpose. Not sure if this is doable with VPSes.

What I need is a solution to get my data from other partition.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Just to add, from available software, I have total commander, which have FTP protocol, if that means anything to anyone, and 7zip. 1) if the internal ip range is working then create a new VPS and transfer data using File sharing or FTP.

or

2) Tell you VPS host to

turn off current VPS >> mount the LVM on host node ( requires ntfs support on host) >> copy your files to a temporary location >> Unmount the LVM >> Destroy current VPS >> create new one and make sure internet works >> Turn off new VPS >> mount the LVM on host node >> Copy the backup data to this LVM >> unmount LVM >> Reboot the new VPS.

Also try to trouble shoot the real issue by enabling all network related services on the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\Services. Have you asked your host to check the firewall?? The outbound port might be blocked. Hi,

I love to solve this types of issue. I m sure this issue is related with the Wrong rule in your firewall. its also possible that any of the service may conflict TCP/UDP Ports.

i will fix this if i got access to your VPS. as per my knowledge, most of Hosting/VPS provider not familiar with Windows issues and its solutions.