Is the squad strong enough Is the squad strong enough

Given Derbys below average performance in the Championship so far this season I thought it Michael Palardy Jersey time to properly a se s Nigel Cloughs squad to see where the weakne ses lie. In a series of articles Ill be looking at the defence, midfield, strikeforce and coaching staff but the first area Ill concentrate on is the goalkeeping department.The Rams only have two goalkeepers to rely on at present, Stephen Tyreek Hill T Shirts Bywater and Saul Deeney.Bywater is number one and rightly so, he is the best and most experienced goalkeeper at the club by a mile. Bywater established himself as number 1 again last season and hasnt looked back; he consistently shows that he is a good shot stopper, commands his area and is confident at claiming cro ses. He does however have moments of madne s; his distribution can be poor, relying on a long Blake Ferguson Jersey kick forward rather than a simple roll out and putting his colleagues in dangerous positions. Since the promotion season of 2007 Bywater has been a fans favourite and a reliable member of the team.Saul Deeney is something of an unknown, he hasnt started a game for the Rams since his free transfer from Burton Albion in the summer. Given this fact it is hard to form a strong opinion about him, but looking at the statistics he appears to be nothing more than a backup. The fact that he hasnt played at this level before does not mean he would not be good enough if called Nat Moore Jersey upon.Derby appear to be short on a quality back up keeper for Bywater but it would be hard to criticise Deeney when he hasnt appeared for the first team yet. For now this area shouldnt be a concern, Bywater hasnt suffered with injuries during his time at Pride Park so hopefully the apparent lack of quality behind will not be such Miami Dolphins Polos an i sue.My first choice goalkeeper would be the same as Nigel Cloughs its Stephen Bywater