Insert Into with XML Field to get all Values of a Child Element?

pedrodenim

I have a table with an XML Field. The XML Field's Schema is something similar to this...\[code\]<Root> <Parent> <Child> <SomeValue>1</SomeValue> </Child> <Child> <SomeValue>1</SomeValue> </Child> </Parent>\[/code\]I know how to get the first, second, Nth SomeValue using this...\[code\]SELECT Child.value('(SomeValue)[1]', 'int')FROM XMLField.nodes("/Root/Parent/Child[1]") AS N(Child) \[/code\]I'm trying to use an Insert Into statement to get all of the SomeValue nodes values into a table. The problem is that there could be multiple Child elements per Parent and I only know how to grab one at a time. Is there an easy way of accomplishing this without looping logic? (Each SomeValue value should be its own record in the table I'm inserting into).Extra Credit: The example I showed gets the first SomeValue value from the first Child element of a single XML Field. Your answer would be extra helpful if you could come up with a solution that not only grabs all of the SomeValue values from a field of a single record, but instead all of the SomeValue values from that field in every record of a table.