I can host a warcraft 3 game on Battle.net, but CANNOT JOIN IT with another laptop on my LAN network

Griffin

I can host warcraft 3 games on Battle.net with one of my computers on my network. I have a friend over and want to be able to join my hosted game with a different laptop, but am unable to do so. I type in the game name, and it says its invalid or doesnt exsist, when it CLEARLY does. (people are in it already!) <br />
<br />
The game is not full.<br />
<br />
I think it has to do with my comps having similar IP adresses (same router)<br />
<br />
Also, would a STATIC IP adress work? <br />
<br />
Please help!<br />

solidcrowbar

First off, be sure that you both computers have their own unique versions of Warcraft III installed with separate legal CD Keys.

If that is already the case, I would advise trying to have your friend create the game instead of you (then you join his game.) I have run into this same problem at my house before, and I fixed it by doing that.

Sorry it's not the best answer, but I hope it works for you!

Yes you need to setup the host computer with a static IP, then in your router open up ports 6112-6119, a good guide to do this can be found at www.portforward.com