Howto: Install Shoutcast on your vBulletin Forum

Patato20

any way to make te code work on vbulletin 3.8.0 couse if nobody can listen to my radio on vbulletin xD i think they is no point in install the hack couse the code dont work fine in vb 3.8.0

Termy

I am using the shoutcast status on my vb3.8 forum without any problems at all. But I dont use this method as I use a DJ program called SAM Broadcaster and a shoutcast server.

I find this is a far better way to do things and much easier to setup too. Maybe a bit more expensive... but far better results.

Termy

Patato20 said:
what version of shoutcast do u use ????
I just use the SAM DJ software to connect to the shoutcast server m8... I dont use any of the winamp software.

I also use the Shoutcast Status v2.0 to stream to my listeners on my forum main page.

On the shoutcast package I have I can stream at upto 320Kbs with upto 999 listeners for £7 per month. And I think that includes 2Gb of space for auto DJ too.

ant

the issue I have is that the currently playing song does not update automatically... also the song history list doesn't update, so I'm confused on what the error is there. the instructions also state to add and remove this and that in forumhome_shoutcast which there is none, unless they're referring to the full, lite, etc...

any ideas?

Playa

First hi 2 all
i do all the steps but nothing apear in my forum :( (i have vb 3.6.8 with mechanical skin) and i don`t know why :(
i`m familiar with radio servers, php, forum stuff but i`m out of ideeas :) i search all the internet but seems nobody has this problem .

thx & respect :)

qwerty135

If Sockets Support in php on your hosting is not enabled, this plugin will not work.

Maybe exists another decision instead of sockets?

Earth

it doesn't work
i host my radio off of my vps server
Works on every other site
But on VB It says: Currently down...

zakwan

i cant get it work..
im using listen2myradio.com as my host..its free hosting..

any steps to make it works?
ive entered IP and Port given by the host on the setup..
but cant get it work

Help!