Howto: Install Shoutcast on your vBulletin Forum

TheProphet

Follow these steps to get the server running on your forum.

1. Download Winamp by going to the Winamp site.

2. Download the SHOUTcast Radio DSP plug-in for Winamp. The DSP plug-in is available here as attachement below.

3. Once you have downloaded the SHOUTcast Radio DSP plug-in, close Winamp if its already running and double-click the installer file that you downloaded in step 2 above, and follow the onscreen instructions to install.

4. Start Winamp and open Preferences (CTRL-P) and click on the DSP/effects subcategory under the Plug-ins tree.

5. Once you have the SHOUTcast Radio DSP plug-in setup and properly configured, it will broadcast whatever is currently playing on Winamp on your internet radio station in real time!Please refer to the README that comes with the DSP installer for more instructions on how to use the SHOUTcast Radio DSP, including how you can chose whether to make your station public (i.e., list on the SHOUTcast Radio directory).

6. Configuring the plugin
When you dubbelclick the plugin the following screen appear.

1231960139-160.jpg

Now click the Output tab:

1231960301-490.jpg

The fileds marked in RED are important to copy them to your own settings and choose your own secret password.
Now click the Yellowpages tab:

1231960473-310.jpg

Make your Description, URL and Genre selection.
Now click the Encoder tab:

1231960640-330.jpg

Edit here your quality you will be broadcasting and you have setup winamp correctly for streaming.

7. Setting up the Shoutcast server.
Install the server from the file below and get it up and running.

1231959624-540.jpg

Click the Config option.
Edit the red marked options:
MaxUsers= This depends on your ISP bandwidth, choose a descent number here that matches your connection.
Password: Fill here your password witch applied in the Output section of the winamp plugin.
Port=8000 This will be default so nothing to change here unless u realy want to.

1231961023-260.jpg

Save your ini file, and restart your server.
Your winamp is sending now to the server.

8. Upload the files from the shout hack to your forumroot:

1231961569-740.jpg

9. Import the product.

10. Edit the shout settings:

1231961670-820.jpg

1231961780-130.jpg

Fill the red marked options and save your work.
Nou let's see the frontpage:

1231961957-830.jpg

...and don't forget to open your port 8000 on your firewall or router.

Up and Running...

Patato20

i have my server working fine but when i click on media o real a new windows open but idont see any radio i only see my main forum thats all why ?

TheProphet

Patato20 said:
i have my server working fine but when i click on media o real a new windows open but idont see any radio i only see my main forum thats all why ?

Follow my steps and it should be fine... did you open your port in your router or firewall?

Patato20

mm i dont get this one
6. Configuring the plugin
When you dubbelclick the plugin the following screen appear.

what plunpin ???

Patato20

Well thanks man ur tutorial help me make my radio. but i have only 1 problem

and i know that the radio is workin couse im listeting the radio on ares any idea why the some name dont show ?

DON

So basically your using winamp to broadcast your music/voice to your server and the server shares it off to users?

Patato20

ExileWarrior said:
farout what do i put for address and when i get out of Ctrl + P and get back in the status has reset??????????

where do i get my sever IP?

is ur ip man ur ip and loock at this tutorial

ExileWarrior

Okay. Ill put my IP in Address.

Now.... :) Ill test it out!,

Okay... i just tryed, Doesnt let me use my IP. Well doesnt connect O_O
Should i use my Website IP? D= My mate witch is trying to figure out as well, he gets this error :

<01/15/09@04:50:02> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Cannot see your station/computer (*His IP and Port*) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache (Connection timed out).)

TheProphet

Patato20 said:
Well thanks man ur tutorial help me make my radio. but i have only 1 problem

and i know that the radio is workin couse im listeting the radio on ares any idea why the some name dont show ?

Maybe the same color of your font, try by click your mouse and move over the area were it should show your songs.

Patato20

TheProphet said:
Maybe the same color of your font, try by click your mouse and move over the area were it should show your songs.

i fix the problem was my Winamp versio but i fix it.

but i have one final problem to be good to run

as u can see in the imagen to open the windows to be able to listen to de radio is not working a new windows open but to my forum home pages i thing is a vb problem

TheProphet

Patato20 said:
i fix the problem was my Winamp versio but i fix it.

but i have one final problem to be good to run
as u can see in the imagen to open the windows to be able to listen to de radio is not working a new windows open but to my forum home pages i thing is a vb problem

Yes this is because you r running 3.8.0 i guess... the coder is working on a multi-server hack, so only winamp link will working now.