How to Setup Cache-control, Deflate and Expire Headers

Heikepix

Hello,

I have a VPS, i have setup all kind of module which basic application needed. Now i want to optimize site performances.

I have gzip compression enabled and tested its fine and working. also enabled the mod_deflate for advanced compression. but i have looked my site header where not mentioned the Encoded = gzip, deflate etc.

So how to setup deflate and gzip so its shows in header when we check the site header through any tool.

second thing is i want to enable the cache-control to my site. i have reading many tutorials articles and follow them but nothing show in return. So kindly tell me how to activate and setup this so it shows in the header the cache-control, expire, etag etc.

Note: i have try all of above things to enable and configure them through .htaccess and httpd.conf file, restarting apache even VPS too but nothing found any change in header response e.g expire time, encode, deflate etc.

Thanks. Is there any help ? Is gzip showing enabled in php.ini? Quote: Originally Posted by feronso Hello,

I have a VPS, i have setup all kind of module which basic application needed. Now i want to optimize site performances. leave apache .go with nginx .
facepalm.gif

dnt use gzip its makes high cpu
getlost.gif

if you have high tariff wordpress blog then install varnish as an cache Please read:
/13-tutorials-guides/45697-improve-your-site-performance-improve-search-engine-optimization.html Does gzip really make high cpu usage? yes Hillside
in my site if i enable gzip its making 3-10% cpu load normaly 0.4-1.2
gzip just save bw