How to RIP a vbulletin theme

phonix

Introduction:

RIP What is the skin: From "Rip" means to copy, rip skin that is copying the style of 1 Forum that you feel beautiful but hok find someone with. Speaking before a rip skin is 1 ko be beautiful to do, but for the community vbb few who are interested in this. In general, said a collective.

Although pro xixxon ko must also know the new rip skin ko long, but also xx temporarily captured the basic things. Xx have read some tut taught rip skin, and also had several times in the game because the last time ko read out. Should now write xx Previous 1 tut other, simpler, and more for Newbie.

Newbie is to say, but is also ko necessarily so, you should also biet 1 little about the structure of the template and 1 bit of html (this may just hack the mod and have the correct template is rành times)

Xx write tut which is based on the knowledge and experience when xx rip skin, so anyone any opinions on it every hour, every person who has experience in every way and look different, welcome everyone to share.

It is more xx advice you should start practicing on the skin Vietnam, because the skin Vietnam based on the most is that many css => easy handling

Started to work:

For other tut they usually run out of you a cup and then turns to the new code, but by then xx do so difficult to classify pictures and very time consuming, so xx how to use parallel, open code to Where the separation of that.

Tools needed:

- 1 Software something for uploading ftp, xx use cuteftp (down in vietvbb)

- Firefox + Internet Explorer (FF it easy to divide the image more, but then use IE to check there is a lack of considers any image and check skin is showing exactly the 2 browser ko

- A little knowledge about the structure template, and html as above

- Thứ final, and also the second most important, 1 the skin that you thix

Before touching skin need to rip you to admincp> Styles & Templates> Style Manager> click Add New Style. Named to the skin, select it parent, then click Save.

1 / CSS

First, we will process the CSS and images in it before.
On page indexing of the need to rip skin, view Page Source of the skin which, if pulled down a bit, you'll find that green. At that under the new code is a totally black. You copy the body parts from (to black out parts that (before the tag color purple)

Once copied, your style Options on All of the new style Add this chance. Drag down you'll find that CSS Additional Definitions. 2 box, in which the first box available in that code, remove all the paste and just copying the code in this> Save again

Such as the skin had a bit of color xiu me, but no pictures anything. If you want to get pictures, you considered the CSS, go on down there ... then copy the image to a link, browser up to leave behind the example of the Forum are you rip. Note Save on when you should create Box and placed in the correct box that lun soon after save, avoid any more time to go sorting. Split image in which all the ups and then onto a host (the smaller the correct path). Refresh Forum then you sit back and be proud that 1 little about what has just been made

Note: there are a number of css Forum Save them to 1 files and insert it into the css. If so, then copy the files in css and then do it on Health chang.

2 / structure

Okii finished css the Forum section also tentatively called "Color" and then some, now part of the structure of the forum, html.

As you can see 1 of the skin has a lot vbb template, but the template to create 1 Cau style architecture of the skin, you will only have a few things, here xx noted that the template from the down under:

- Header (contains banner)

- Navbar (some skin hok need this)

- FORUMHOME

- Forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost (style in a category of the index)

- Footer

For some skin "too complicated", it may have to use the template to another, but this case is very low.

Talking about this only very difficult, because each skin each other, mainly the need to observe. However, to identify any lies where, it is 1 secret.

If you have some hack mod have the correct template sure you also see is the template vbb it has its own landmark column for each section, the import of this column is the tag and the

For example, and

As an example above, then what lies Giữa 2 of the tag that is part of part logo, surely it must be in the header. You simply copying the part that put the header and replace logo take part of the default skin. Do not forget the separation in the code that uses methods as now separated from the CSS. And remember that division for the folder, right from then.

There are 1 when you do that without the tag ko sealing it where it is located just put them in print search template to search. Given that the words come down from all parts pagesource. Go to where the separation of pictures to it.

Things to remember:

- When you Viewsource indexing pages in the category will go up again, and you only need to copy a style that section 1 Times resigned

- In the template of the word as vbb Navbar, forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost ko ... it has the words as indexing up outside, which it uses vbphrase ($ vbphrase []) to switch the language when the text is converted lun. So when copying, you are copying ko necessarily 100% everything, but must replace it vbphase invisible.

- The reason that xx say you need to have a little knowledge about html as initially is because when copying, you must consent to the tags you copy, have opened, it must have closed it ... ko thui way

Surely in the process of copying over, you'll see the tracks distortion ko way communication that can do the edit. There is a way for resolving this situation that you are in your Forum Index, choose View pagesource and the 2 sides code, if it is added to the lack, if the balance extract 1 Đoàn the search view it is located in any place. Xx 1 time remind you again is to copy the code where the separation of pictures that, while classified folder of pictures lun

3 / Finish of the rest

Once complete copy the code as above it as close to finished rùi, just missing a few photo files is more complete, the Resources Forum on the subject of Save, in general this is fairly easy, open rounds is enough rounds image. Then in the root folder of images vbb considered the lack of any folder, then copying it to the entire, as Smilies folder, Signature, such as reputation

Note: You must go to Image's PATH All style option key to change the path to the folder on the host. And delete all the images go Title (a logo that is the default vbb)

4 / Check

All the still unfinished started. Now nín breathing again and open the Forum with Internet Explorer you see it has been anything hok way communication. If the way open view Company sources and continue to compare

Also, consider the interests of the Forum in IE is the lack of it will appear in cross-stamp image, while the FF ko, it is anything, the seats are considered in cross-oil and find the corresponding copied to.

Okii considered everything was almost finished and then, the rest you have to do is re-ups the folder Image 1 again, and NHAN THANK FOR XX

But I dont know its work. Can any test this....[I found this at an Vietnam Forum..and i have traduced a little with google translator
This contains an tutorial how to rip a vbulletin theme ]

GgAcE

First off, this is almost unreadable due to the terrible english used.

Second off, you didn't even write this. This is just a copy & paste job from a premium site.

Filez

there is alot left out of this but there is some validity to his post.......I wish it was ae easy as mentioned but it is not. but thanks for the broken tutorial at least an effort was made.

alexD

Yup I couldnt make it all out did he mention that the styles are put into xml files? Well at eats he tried to help out the community no faulting him/her for there contribution.

xixxon

lol this tutorial is originally written by me in Vietnamese, phonix had left out the most important part of the title, the title should include "for newbie". I wrote this for those who wants to rip a vbulletin skin, and if you can follow the instruction above then you should be able to finish the rest (if the skin is more complicated). I used lots of abbreviations in vietnamese which google couldn't translate in the above post. This is an english version which was translated by a translator in vietvbb team, he translate it kinda fast so the grammar is kinda awkward. but i guess most of you would be able to understand it.

Again this is just a base for newbie to get the idea of ripping a skin. You should be flexible as all the styles are different.

What's RIP skin: Rip means copy, copy theme from a forum which you feel good but it has never shared yet . It's seem not a good job, but many people who develop VBB is interested in!

Starting work

With some other tuts, designer ask you to seperate all images, and then code, but according to xx, it's hard to do and take many time. So xx do it parallel with code and take images.

Tools need:

- An uploadable FTP software (such as cuteFTP or FlashFXP)

- Firefox + Internet Explorer (you need both them to check)

-Some knowledge about template and html code.

- And the forum which content the skin you want

First, go to admincp > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style. Name the skin, select no parent, and click save.

1/ CSS

First we will process CSS and images include
go to the index page of the forum you want to rip, view page source scroll down, and you will see <!-- CSS Stylesheet --> with green color. below it is black code. Copy from body { to the end of the black code (in front of </style> with purple color)

Come back to you new skin (you've just created it above), select All style option. Scroll down and you will see Additional CSS Definitions.there're 2 boxes, the first box already have code, delete all, and paste the source you've just copy from other skin, click save.

So, your skin have some color without images. You must see css to get images, go through the skin, if you see images, right click and copy image location, paste on the browser address bar, and then save. You must take a look with the folder which content this images, so you must create the same folder.

Note: Some forum save css in a file, and insert to css part.And you just download this css file and the insert to css part with the same code.

2/ Structure

As you see, a skin include many template, but there're just some structure templates :

- Header (include banner)

- Navbar (some skins not have)

- FORUMHOME

- Forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost (style of category in index)

- Footer

- In some case, it's have headinclude

There some complex skins so you must see other templates (but it's not many skins like that)

it's hard to tell you this part because every skin has itself structure,

If you've ever hack some mods with modifying template you will see every template has begin and end point, as <!-- begin --> và <!-- /end -->

Ex: <!-- logo --> and <!-- /logo -->

in this example, the code between <!-- logo --> and <!-- /logo --> is logo code, and it stand in header templte. You just copy this code, and paste to header template, replace to logo part of default skin. Don't forget to take images as you do with css . And REMEMBER to put them in the correct folder.

When you see a tag but you don't know where is it, just search in template in admincp.Step by step, you must go through the page source code, and remember to get images on the same time.

Some notes

- When you view source in index page, categories will repeat, you just need to copy this style part just one time
- In templates have vbb phrases such as navbar, forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost…they not have phrases as you see in index page, they use vbphrase ($vbphrase[ ]) so that you can change language. So when you copy, it's not real to copy 100% every things, but you need to replace by there vbphrases.

- when you copy code, you must take a look to tags, they must have both begin and end tag…or they will be askew.

When ripping, your new skin will be askew (you will see that), so, you can fix it by viewing pagesource of you forum, and find the different code, copy this different and seach in template, then fix it.

3. Complete the left things

When you cpmlete copying code as above, you've done 90%, there're just some images left, so you must save there images and put them in the correct folders. (such as button, smiles...)

Note: You must enter the image path of all style option to change the paths to the coorect folder in your host . And delete all in title image (it's default logo of vbb)

4/ Check it

Start it by using Internet Explorer to show your forum, and check if they're some mistake. If it has mistakes, view pagesource again, and fix as you do above.

And when you use IE, if there're some images left, you will see a blank picture with a cross sign (you won't see anything if using Firefox)

btw...here's the original post by me http://vietvbb.vn/up/showthread.php?t=10542

xixxon

apparently many people did, some even became skin ripper after trying to rip several simple styles. tutorials are suppose to be long and this is not all the ideas that i want to express, people would read the entire post if they want to manage to get the style they want instead of go ask someone else to do the work for them

btw im not a dude or a guy, im a girl

NadeemJP

although i didnt understand msot because i am a PURE non-techincal guy, however, i would show appreciation for this person for at least trying to help others, a quality much less possessed these days:)

xixxon

NadeemJP said:
although i didnt understand msot because i am a PURE non-techincal guy, however, i would show appreciation for this person for at least trying to help others, a quality much less possessed these days:)
thanks
NadeemJP said:
lolz:D
although she may get offended at this remark, but i liked the snes of humor in it:)
hey i got offended >.<
jk :D