How did you Become a Baseball Fan and Fan of your Favorite Team?

I just want to know whats your Story<br />
Was it a Player, a Family Member was is like my Story being a 13 year old girl bored and Watching a Baseball game of Tv<br />

JoelD

I was 6 in 98, when Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa were having their record-breaking home run showdown. I liked McGwire, and my dad was a Cards fan, so I've been one and will always be one.

dbacks1fan

i was at a hospital for kids who have family members who have cancer and jamie moyer visited so i started watching baseball. i became a fan of my hometown team

JB

Well i was born in L.A. but when my parents divorced my mom moved to San Diego and took me with her. But my Dad always took me to baseball games. I remember going to a game when i was about 7 with him in San Diego it was the Dodgers vs the Padres and where we were sitting we were the only Dodger fans and i thought it was pretty funny the looks that Padre fans gave us when the Dodgers won.

WHITESOX4EVA

my dad is a white sox fan which is how i became a sox fan, too -)

but overall, i found watching baseball games to be really fun and i love the energy of the crowds u.s cellular field.

giantsfan3485

I like the Yankees cause they are the best franchise 26 rings and tthey are my home town team. Plus my dad is a yankee stadium and my family are all Yanks fans

Yanks fans visit http//www.yanksgameday.blogspot.com

maluke44

I was bored and my dad had the game on 1998. I watched the padres and Tony Gwynn until he retired. And ever since I've been supporting the home team SD

saer08

Well I grew up in Wisconsin so my hometown team I root for is the brewers. I think I was 13 when baseball started to interest me, but a few years later I attended a game where the brewers won with on a walk off home run, and I've loved it ever since.

Shasta

I was 9 and I decided to listen to rock music instead of the good music station my mother listened to. Every hour they had baseball scores and the Tigers became my team. I like cats and I am a Native of Detroit. I lived in Anchorage, Alaska. The Yankees finished in last place that year so I didn't even know they existed.

JennBrewersGirl

I was born into it. I'm from a small family of athletes and sports fans. I've been going to games all my life. The Brewers are a part of me. They are a part of my heart and soul.

metsgal31

I listened to Bob Murphy broadcast games while in the womb- my mom put the radio up to her stomach so I would become familiar with his voice. I was born to be a diehard Mets fan!!!!!!!!! I didn't have a choice! (I also come from a baseball family with 5 generations of people who HATE the Yankees- senators, red sox, dodgers, giants and mets fans.)

Well, the A's are my home team. But, when I was younger, my dad loved watching baseball. He was a Cubs fan and an A's fan. He was a Cubs fan because when he was younger, he grew up in Chicago and he liked the A's because it was the home team. I grew up following in his footsteps, liking the A's and Cubs. A's were always going to be my favorite team. Then, when I was 5 or 6, I went to my first baseball game. Even though I was only little, I went to the stadium, and it looked so huge when I was younger, and I fell in love with baseball. Ever since then (I'm now 15), I've been watching every A's game and going to McAfee Coliseum every chance I could. Baseball is my life. So that's my story =]

Meg3

I was about 8. I go to my aunts house a lot, and all the time my uncle would be watching baseball. One day I was bored and went to watch it with him. My aunt and uncle took me to my first game, and, well, I almost never miss a game.

Brewers fan all the way, so naturally, I hate the Twins and Cubs ;)

There are stories for all of my teams, but I will tell you the baseball one. I got into baseball simply when I was signed up for t-ball, and I loved playing, I didn;t pay attention to the big leaguers at this point, I was 4! I like the White Sox because of team pictures. We got a team picture, and an individual picture. The child got to choose what the background for teh individual picture was, Wrigley or Comiskey (it was called that at teh time). Everyone was choosing Wrigley and I felt bad for Comiskey, so I chose that and became a Sox fan. Only one other kid chose the White Sox. So that's the story behind it all. I could've been a Cubs fan. But I am super glad my 4 year old decision paid off in the end!

Go White Sox!

Tom3Morello

well i think i started watching when i was around 8 or so.. we were baseball fans first and then angel fans second
my first game was actually a dodger game haha.. (they lost ^^)
but i dunno something happened.. i guess our family didn't go into the whole dodger scene.
i don't quite remember and my grandpa i guess started the whole "our family is going to be angel fans" thing and then i joined in around 2003 when i was about 10..
We live in a suburb of Los Angeles so there are a lot of dodger fans but we're angel fans XD

desertviking_00

I was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. So it was only natural that I rooted for the Brooklyn Dodgers and went to Ebbets Field to watch them play. I left Brooklyn six months ahead of the Dodgers. But, ever since landing on the West Coast in 1961 I've followed them out west.
It was my step brother who first brought me to Ebbets Field for my first ball game.