Help pleasee !!!!!! :(

Curtis129

ok well .htaccess file is in the root, but it doesnt cause the 500 internal error just the god damn 404 page not found when the hack it turned on....

god damn
are you supposed to install the vbseo when you install vbulletin itself?
or should it work installing it noe

Grinderhand

It should work installing it with vB or on an already established site.

Your .htaccess is in the forum root, but is the forum root in the public_html root, or are you running a front end, something like vBA in public_html? What I'm getting at is explaining your directory structure. That would go a long way in diagnosing the problem.

Curtis129

well my forums forum.php file is in the public_html folder..

so that means the the htaccess goes into the public html right?

ive tried both folder locations
and ive even tried a diferent vbseo install, trie every single possibility for the htaccess file and its bullcrap everytime the htaccess file doesnt give to 500 internal server error i get a 404 error no matter what,
and each time the htaccess doesnt work i get the 500 internal error,

without the htaccess file no matter what i will gte the 404 error,

is my forum doomed of using vbSEo or what?

Grinderhand

So I'm assuming if you have a forum.php that you have a front end of some kind that occupies your index.php, since in a standard vB install there is no forum.php. You have renamed vB's index.php to forum.php so the front end can link to it. Is this correct?

Curtis129

yeh i renamed it to forum.php and edited that setting through the admin cp, i only did this because i have vbAdvanced installed which is using the index.php as forums home page,

does me having VBA installed have a factor with why vbSEO isnt installing smoothly?

Curtis129

dont you think ive tried that already?
and even if it doesnt give the 500 internal server error, i still get the 404 page not foudn error when the vbSEo hack is enabled.... no matter what

Grinderhand

I don't have vBA installed, but Googling vBA with VBSEO reveals that this combo is the problem. Apparently each side blames the other for the problem, but from what I read, vBA support is not what it should be, so my guess would be that vBA is the culprit here. It's not an impossible situation, but it will require more expertise than I can provide. Google can be your friend here, as there are many hits on this subject. Good luck.

Curtis129

well i installed VBA after i gave up on vbSEO the first time round, and when the hack is enabled like i said before i can visit home page and the forum home, just when i click on anything else i get a 404 error,

this is with a .htaccess file in the forum root too

Grinderhand

So vBA is not something you're committed to then? If that is the case, try uninstalling it and reverting any changes you made to your vB install to accommodate vBA, then maybe we can crank this up for you.

Curtis129

i still do not believe that VBA is the cause of this, and atm the VBA is now a main factor in how the forum is, its very attractive...

Curtis129

guys this is so simple of you and why none of you didnt tell me,

this is my .htaccess now

PHP:
RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.mydomain\.com
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.mydomain.com/ [L,R=301]

#RewriteRule ^((urllist|sitemap_).*\.(xml|txt)(\.gz)?)$ vbseo_sitemap/vbseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|modcp/|cron)
RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?)?)$ vbseo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !^(admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ vbseo.php [L,QSA]

note how the rewritebase is enabled...

anyways after a lot of stressing it finally works, thank you all for you contributions

just only thing now is ALOT of my skin images arent working... any help about that?
its also get a very very very long load time for when you are trying to view the page.. :( help me?

ok well has something to do with the .htaccess because when i remove it from the forum i get all my images back.
anything i can edit inside the htaccess to allow my style images to be shown?