Google Traffic vs other traffic

xtone

I am just curious if some of you might provide what % of your traffic comes from Google as opposed to other sources of traffic. I would have to say that for:http://www.bigwebmaster.com/http://www.ozzu.com/that about 85% of the traffic comes directly from Google, 5% from other search engines, and the rest from links on other sites.Lets see...In November I got:29 thousand hits from Ozzu10 thousand direct hits600 from some forum I've never been to300 from "ozzu.com" (without the www)25 hits from some german site (only germans I know are a few exchange student girls...)Google is probably bringing in about 200-300 hits.Interesting post.I get about 40% of my total traffic from google. I could be more I guess, I just have to optimize my site a little better for search engines...Around 50% from Google and 2-3% from other search engines.75% Google ( Yahoo added to Google's numbers )10% MSN6% AOL (Google I know)1.5% Ask1% Altavista7%Rest otherI only get about 5% of my traffic from Google I am missing a huge amount of traffic because my site is stillnot near the top of the SERPs.Almost all my traffic comes from niche directories.But maybe if I took my hat off, I could see what I'm doing BompaThe question is this-Q: How many peoples use google for their search?A: 90% ppls use google.Google is the big source of getting traffic but its all depend on Target keywords and Position on SERPs.I get most traffic from Google, but it really depends on the site. Some smaller sites get about 15% traffic and growing from repeat visitors, since I believe most traffic should ultimately be coming from people coming back for more. But, in terms of indirect hits, its:Google 87%MSN 8%Others 5%I get almost nothing from Inktomi and Alltheweb.Im not listed well on google, so less than 5% of traffic comes from google. boo hoo Google 53939 76.7 %Yahoo 11132 15.8 %MSN 1861 2.6 %AOL 1020 1.4 %Other search engines 971 1.3 %Google 52%MSN 31%Yahoo 14%Others 3%Mind you, I don't get much traffic. Well, so far for Jan '04 (the past 14 days)...And these are page views, not just hits (for those that don't know the difference, a .html file is one page, but that page could include 20 images. This would be 21 hits in total for the page & all images).So, this is how people found pages on my site.Internal Links : 114186 : 70.8%Search Engines : 6820 : 4.2% (3565 of those being Google)External Links : 1714 : 1%Bookmarks/Typed manually : 38388 : 23.8%The internal links are links on my site itself pointing to other pages on my site. The external links are all links from other sites that aren't search engines.So, aside from bookmarks & people typing the address manually, search engines are my biggest tool for people learning about my site.If you want to go a bit more long term, here are the stats from May 6th (when the web server was setup on the new host) til 31st December 2003.Internal Links : 627017 : 74.5%Search Engines : 24867 : 2.9% (10544 being Google)External Links : 17585 : 2%Bookmarks/Typed manually : 170867 : 20.3%So, as you can see, search engines are starting to like me more, with search engine links rising up from 2.9% to 4.2%, but then I've got a lot more content on my site now.I've almost as much exposure so far during Jan '04 (which is only 2 weeks old), than in the whole of December '03. So popularity is growing, and peeps are finding me more through Google and other engines.I've never actually made a tally for my sites - but Google is so overwhelmingly my major referrer (Google alone, plus Yahoo, AOL, Netscape, and others) that I've never really even seriously cvonsidered other search engines.I'm the same. When it comes to working sites to be search-engine-friendly, Google's all I'm thinking about. Most of the others are using Google's database these days anyway to some degree.