Google Dance / PR Update for October 26

chameleon

On October 26, 2003 (today) Google has finally initialized another PageRank Update and I am noticing overall every website has lower backlinks and PRs compared to the previous update. The last update occured at the beginning of August, so it has been awhile.i'm jsut glad i get to stay at 5!thx for the google toolbar hint as well . maybe we can share...UNFLUX wrote:About time, but why are backlinks lower?Well usually from update to update the Google techs try to improve their algorithms to filter out backlinks the do not want to count towards a sites PageRank. All backlinks are not legit, and to keep things working in google's favor they will try to detect these things so that their search engine produces the most relevant results for a query.As far as everybody seeming to have lower backlinks my guess is that they made their algorithm more strict on what it counts as a backlink for a website.UNFLUX wrote:indeed. so i did....hmmm Hey that's cool Google has finally done an update!I noticed the last time it took a couple of days for search results to reflect the new pagerank...is this normally the case? My websites have increased (a teeny bit) in PR, so hopefully in a day or two I'll see a jump in search results placement.I too have gained in PR and in back links. As for Google updating the search results, I have seen two different times that the search results do a big change. First, about a week before we see the updates in the toolbar. In both September and October, my site Wheels N' Rims saw major search ranking changes 6 days before we could see the PR change in the toolbar.Second, about a week after the toolbar updated. In the first week of October, my other site Best Wine Gifts saw major raking placement changes. I'm hoping to see that site change again in the first week of November.I'm not sure what's going on here. It could be that google updates one site at a time, or maybe it does an industry at a time.I would have to confirm with part of what deadZ is saying. For the last few updates, the one in August, and this recent one I noticed that the traffic jumped a good deal about a week before the PR update. That is also the time when SERPs usually change around a great deal. The traffic to Ozzu increased by about 15% a day about a week ago so that definetely confirms what deadZ is saying.I actually predicted last week that PR would update by this last Friday. I was close, it was Sunday that I noticed the PR update. But the only reason I predicted this was because of the noticeable increase in traffic Google was sending.Wasn't Ozzu 2 last time? By the way BWM... I love the new Signature! LMAO _________________________ Webmaster Forum Webmaster Resources Free Guestbook Script ~Musik loves me~Well for the term "webmaster forum" yeah, but that is just one of thousands of queries that people type in to find ozzu. Glad you like the new sig What does OZZU stand for any way? I tried a search but..........Search found 389 matches...didn't really interest me! Bit off topic. See this post though Cuerock:http://www.ozzu.com/viewtopic.php?t=1183Yeah sorry 'bout the "off topic", but i had to know! I am going to get a good one though (post it there of course)! Thanks BWM