Getting around an IP Ban?

Glamie

I joined a forum where I was IP banned for having a "multiple account" just because my room mate and I share the same computer/IP.

I want to get back to the site, I did nothing wrong. Everytime I try with a new account, I get the boot every single time. I've tried every proxy in this world and nothing seems to work. Is there any way to get around a vbulletin IP BAN?

Filez

hide IP platnium works I know have used it for the same thing your talking about use google and search it you will find it...its a good program.

Glamie

I've tried that along with 9387539847 other proxy programs/ "ip hiders" and none of them work. I have no clue how the people in that site find me so easily. Is there anyone out there that can help me?

Ady

Why not try emailing admin telling them the same story....They should see straight away that your telling the truth..unless your m8 logged in using your details..

Aytac01

Well.....
If your using a similar username :p that might be noticable lol!

Use Proxyies it always work...
You lieing... (Or you want to learn another way...)

a1?

What you can do is change your NIC Card or change the mac of it. Then restart your modem, you should have a new IP.

Glamie

Well.....
If your using a similar username :p that might be noticable lol!

Use Proxyies it always work...
You lieing... (Or you want to learn another way...)

I'm not using a similar username because it was banned along with my I.P, everytime I create a new username I get caught I have no clue why or how, I've used internet proxies and I.P changers that you install in your computer and my I.P goes right through their database. Proxies only work by displaying the website which you wouldn't be able to do if your I.P was blocked.

What you can do is change your NIC Card or change the mac of it. Then restart your modem, you should have a new IP.

NIC Card? Is that something inside of the modem? If I get a new modem do you think I could get a new I.P address?

I really appreciate the replies and really want to get back in the site. Thanks!

Ady

If I get a new modem do you think I could get a new I.P address?

Only locally,Your isp gives you your ip address.If your not getting on via a proxy then i would say your isp is broadcasting your ip address and the site in question has something in place to see that.

a1?

You don't need a new modem. What you need is a new Nic Card. A Nic is where you plug the modem into your computer. Then Restart your computer and modem and you will have a new IP. ISP, don't go around assigning IP Address, it's don't by DHCP.

RelookPVR

Well this is leading to nothing this way.
That´s why I will explain something about IP-adresses.

There actually are 2 types of IP-adresses.
1) the LAN ip-adress
2) the WAN ip-adress

The LAN ip-adress is the one that is supplied by either the DHCP server or manually set
The WAN ip-adress is supplied by your Internet Service Provider(can be static or dynamic but is always within the same range)

An IP-ban is set on your WAN ip-adress or adress-range.

Using a proxy can be determined and even then it is possible to retrieve you real WAN ip-adress.

RelookPVR

Glamie

Your isp gives you your ip address.If your not getting on via a proxy then i would say your isp is broadcasting your ip address and the site in question has something in place to see that.

That must be the case. My ISP is still broadcasting my ipp address even behind a proxy which is annoying because I've called them multiple times asking them to change it but they seem to know NOTHING about I.P addresses. One tech even told me they aren't the one that assigns I.P addresses.

You don't need a new modem. What you need is a new Nic Card. A Nic is where you plug the modem into your computer. Then Restart your computer and modem and you will have a new IP. ISP, don't go around assigning IP Address, it's don't by DHCP.

I guess this is what the guy over my ISP told me. They don't assign the I.P address. I have a notebook pc and use wireless internet so I wouldn't need to plug the modem to my computer. I've done a little research on my computer and found out that it has a WLAN Card. Would that be the same as a NIC CARD?

1) the LAN ip-adress
2) the WAN ip-adress

The LAN ip-adress is the one that is supplied by either the DHCP server or manually set
The WAN ip-adress is supplied by your Internet Service Provider(can be static or dynamic but is always within the same range)

Using a proxy can be determined and even then it is possible to retrieve you real WAN ip-adress.

RelookPVR

In that case, Do you know anyways to get through the ban they gave to my "WAN IP" ban?

I really appreciate the replies guys. I hope I get back on the site soon.

a1?

RelookPVR said:
Well this is leading to nothing this way.
That´s why I will explain something about IP-adresses.

1) the LAN ip-adress
2) the WAN ip-adress

RelookPVR

WAN ip addresses are register by mac addresses. Therefore if you get a new nic (new mac) or change the mac on your existing nic, you will be issued a new ip by your ISP. Static ip's usually cost extra.