Facebook style private messaging (DHTML)- Popup PM's

h@ck3r

This is actually this mod, but tested and working fine on 3.8.0.. should also work on other 3.8.x versions as well.

I've removed the annoying footer copyrights etc too.

About:

Facebook Style PMs allow you to send a private message from a post, thread, profile, your members list or forum leaders list without leaving the page. A DHTML popup window will allow you to compose a simple message, from which you can proceed into the advanced editor or send your message.

The popup is DHTML so it won't be blocked by popup blockers. It's small, styled to your forum, can be moved on the page, and will appear almost anywhere there's a link to PM someone. This does not require any additional queries, and adds one single plugin.

Parts of this modification (specifically, the Javascript DHTML popup windows) come from Dynamic Drive (Dynamic Drive DHTML Scripts- DHTML Window widget). The copyright notice for this script is included in the header code.

Screens:

View attachment 15527

View attachment 15528

View attachment 15529

Download:

View attachment 15530

EDIT: There's a known issue with this mod... When you open the window for the first time, you can PM a user, but if you click 'X' to close it, then try opening it again you will see a blank box. Since I'm not a coder- I really don't know how to fix this problem.. but nevertheless- there's no reason you should need to open this popup twice on 1 page load anyway. If anyone's able to offer any input to fix this problem, feel free. :)

Doesn't seem to work =/

I uploaded everything, checked the .php code.
But when I press "send a private message" it just shows the original message page instead of the new popup. Thought the $show[pmpopuplink] is there in my code.

And this is for all pages.

h@ck3r

Allstar said:
Doesn't seem to work =/

I uploaded everything, checked the .php code.
But when I press "send a private message" it just shows the original message page instead of the new popup. Thought the $show[pmpopuplink] is there in my code.

And this is for all pages.

you need to enable it in the options for each usergroup.

h@ck3r

Allstar said:
Nevermind, I imported the 1.3 version this time (instead of 1.3.1) and it works now.
Also, leaving the permissions blank doesn't work.

If you're using the other version, why are you here in this thread looking for support?

I never said to leave the usergroups field black.. you need to enter the usergroup ID's that you wish to be able to use this addon.

Also- This version is different from 1.3. :)