Ebooks? How popular?

Evie

How popular are ebooks?<br />
How many people dont mind buying them online?<br />
How much would you pay for an ebook?<br />
Im talking about ebooks with interesting topics. Mostly 'How-To' books, guides, recipes etc. Not story books.<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
I want to make my ebooks very specific. <br />
For example, my own home made recipies that have gone down well with family and friends. Or tips and tricks that I have learnt here and there. Not the basic stuff of 'how to cook rice' or something.<br />
<br />
Would anyone be interested in topics as such? would you be willing to purchase my ebooks then? I am not going for the info that you can get free online because that is just pointless...<br />

caribman

Though there are many e-book titles that interest me I can't see myself snuggling up with one. I prefer real books.

Now a "how to" book might be different and I can see myself buying one, if I can get around the concept that I don't need to buy a "how to" book because everything is on the net, because it's not.

dete49

People read magazines and news articles and Ebooks on their computer daily (20% on a monthly basis), 85% accessed the Internet on a daily basis, and 84% read Ebooks daily on their computer.
In regards to eBooks, 95% reported they were familiar with the term electronic books; 61% had read an article on eBooks; and 58% had watched a television news report or heard a radio news report on eBooks. 85% had read an eBook on their computer; 26% had read an eBook on a handheld organizer, laptop, or personal digital assistant; and 90% had purchased an eBook.
Depending on the type of ebook software, the ebook file is either encrypted to a specific computer or device (meaning it can only be read on that computer or device) or it is encrypted to a specific user's account (meaning it can be read on any device or computer which contains that user's secret account information).