Dutch Master Rafael van der Vaart

Tottenham can always be counted on to create transfer deadline day drama. As a lifelong Spurs fan, I found myself New Jersey Devils Jersey honestly quite disappointed with the lack of transfer activity in this window, and felt come the first of September I would be left with that familiar, warm, nostalgic feeling of what might have been, embraced in the warm bosom of mi sed opportunity. And knowing my luck I still will.The potential signing of Rafael van der Vaart, if it happens, it would surely though be one of the best signings of the year.However at the time of writing it is still mired in the cloud of anticipation created by the smoke from the fax machine in Mr. Levys office as he jams the paperwork into the machine five minutes before the deadline.The fee, to be in the region of ten million Euros, would make this signing a fantastic achievement by Tottenham, a real sign of the progre s made by the club in the last five seasons or so.Considering the quality of player in question, and also bearing in mind Gallas free transfer, Shayne Gostisbehere Youth Jersey Harry Redknapp could well have made two of the shrewdest buys of the season.But looking ahead, and what fan wouldnt in this situation, I find myself asking the question: Where will he play?The first thought that comes to mind, with the defensive midfield pairing of Huddlestone and Palacios, is that his natural and most logical position is in the number 10 position. But this also raises questions.Who will be the striker? It wont be Keane on his own, so it will be either Defoe or Crouch. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.Defoe has a lethal finish, great pace and movement. However, can he play up front on his own and hold the ball up effectively? For me, Defoe should be running at and behind defences, not playing Arizona Coyotes Jersey with his back to the goal.So, Crouch: can hold the ball up effectively, is a fabulous link-up player, and a much better header of the ball than he used to be.But his lack of out and out pace makes me think Tottenham are liable to be squeezed up the pitch, giving little space for Van der Vaart and Huddlestone to pa s effectively. However, if Lennon and Modric are pushed further up the pitch, we counter this problem. So now were looking at a 4-2-3-1, which seems to be the in formation at the moment:CrouchModrivan der Vaart-Lennon-PalaciosHuddlestoneBale-orlukaKing/GallasDawson-GomesI can see Redknapp sticking with 4-4-2 in the Premier League:DefoeCrouch-van der VaartModriLennon-HuddlestoneBaleorlukaKing/GallasDawson-GomesEither way this team looks very strong indeed going forward, and it will be interesting to see how Redknapp fits van der Vaart into the side, if the transfer indeed happens (fingers cro sed).As for the season ahead, I honestly believe the Champions League campaign is almost irrelevant to Spurs this season. And Joe Pavelski Jersey could be a season-wrecking distraction if not handled properly. Finishing second in the group, which I believe Spurs will, and qualifying should be considered a great achievement in itself, anything further is merely a bonus.All that matters for Tottenham this season is finishing fourth or higher in the Premier League again. There are a number of clubs that can finish fourth and be a one hit wonder. To finish fourth the next season will show the football world that Spurs mean busine s, and will allow Tottenham to attract almost any player that tickles their fancy. There would be virtually limitle s potential for the club after that when you also consider the new stadium development.So Redknapp is entirely right to point out to his players as often as he Dylan Strome Jersey has, that the Premier League is the one that matters this season. Forget the cups, enjoy the Champions League, but the league is all that matters this season.