Droped off Google

liunx

I have a website (<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.marvellousweb.co.uk">www.marvellousweb.co.uk</a><!-- w -->) which is just a personal site in Flash. Now is used to come up top when you typed in "Mr Marvellous" (on google.co.uk) but no longer does. It seams to have dissapeared style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ).<br /><br /><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->...but the style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /><!--content-->
Excellent post Expat, it's true Flash don't get indexed aswell as html but Google is improving this and can read text from websites, but 9/10 a HTML/Text website will get better results compared to a Flash site. You have the keyword in your domain name and also Title so that's pretty good, my style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /><!--content-->
I recommend staying away from all-Flash sites and instead including Flash as smaller elements inside your HTML design. that keeps it easily indexed by any search engine. Text is always the tried-and-true method of getting on the engines. Better to not hope that Flash gets picked up.....<!--content-->
Well, thanks for the replies everyone. It's good information to have. I don't use Flash a lot any more (partly for this reason) but for this site, the look and feel is more important than a google rank (people in the COH community visit us through links in out sigs).<br /><br />Once again, thanks. Good to know I'm not doing much wrong, lol.<!--content-->