Doublepost Prevention

MobileHacks

Basically, if member posts in a thread where they were the previous last poster, then if the conditions are met, their new post will be auto-merged into the previous post instead of creating a new "double" post.

A number of options are provided ;

Time Limit - if more than xxx minutes have passed since the last post, no merge is done.

Timestamp Spacer - if enabled, a timestamped spacer is added between the old post text and the new post text.

Post Timestamp Update - if enabled the newly merged post will have its post time updated to the new time, otherwise it retains the time of the original post.

Spacer Colour - allows you to set the colour of the spacer between merged posts.

Usergroup exceptions - Allows you to exempt certain usergroups from the doublepost merges.

Forum exceptions - Allows you to exempt certain forums form the doublepost merges.

To install just unzip the XML and import into vB using the ACP Product Manager.

Note: As of Version 3.8.003, there is no need to edit the Quick Reply Javascript file.
If you have previously edited it you can safely leave it as is (or revert it if you so wish).

History:

v3.8.001 : First Release for vB 3.8.
v3.8.002 : Phrased the post separater.
v3.8.003 : Added JS Template - removing need to edit quick reply javascript file.
v3.8.004 : Updated spacer options.
v3.8.005 : Updated timestamp spacer to fix issue with large merge times.

tryer

my problem with this app is, when i try to double post, yes it merge, but when i post reply, it goes blank page, but the page status is loading, but nothing load.

chaotic_geo

Could you please update this modification to: v3.8.004 : Updated spacer options.

Code:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=203705

This mod is way better than Doublepost Prevention Plus, thanks MobileHacks. <3

chaotic_geo

writer said:
This modification is slightly different (albeit being a completely different mod) than the one you linked to. Also, the reason why I am requesting the updated version is because it requires no file edits.

Paul M's mods are far superior anyway. (And actually work with the Inferno Shoutbox) =D

v3.8.001 : First Release for vB 3.8.
v3.8.002 : Phrased the post separater.
v3.8.003 : Added JS Template - removing need to edit quick reply javascript file.
v3.8.004 : Updated spacer options.

Update please? :)

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=203705

pspmaster93

the developers need to update this, i disabled it because sometimes it does this:

merges double posts

OR

merges double posts
AND
also posts the double post again below making it worse

Patato20

This is not working for me the duble post continue this only add the merge to the frist post but dont delete the the other post why ?