Does Theplanet provide a managed hosting service as Rackspac

webmasterbeta

We are considering to move part of our websites to Theplanet.
Theplanet's website shows they provide managed serice as well.

1) It seems that we can rent better equipments with less price from Theplanet. We think their offer can save us 200~300 USD per month at least compared to Rackspace.

2) The speed seems no difference between Theplanet and Rackspace from asia.

However, we are worring about the service of Theplanet because
I have read some WHT posts about Theplanet bad. They seem only do better to provide dedicated servers. Some WHT posts said that Theplanet has terrible support and billing department.

If so, we may give up the idea to stay with Theplanet.
Is there anyone who is satisfied with Theplanet's managed sevice?I can not atest to the quality of their managed plans, but as you said they have had allot of bad reviews about simple things getting done, I cant imagine how the support would be for fully managed. I would suggest you wait a couple of months yet till things clear up with them.You may also want to call <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.Hypernia.net">www.Hypernia.net</a><!-- w --> i know they do custom setups and managed services.LaneI have never used their managed service but I can say that the regular service sucks. We had 4 boxes there at one point we are now down to 1 that we use only for an off site monitor server to monitor the rest of our network and are looking for another place to host it as well due to their lack of support.Thanks you all for the replies.
We should give up moving to Theplanet and look for alternative soultions.If they can't format the right server you stand little or no chance of them getting anything even basic managed done.There are plenty of companies out there that can give you what you're looking for. What is it you're looking to have managed?DanThey do offer "professional services" which are worked on by a completely different group but they are $150 per hour, I don't think they offer anything else right now.What kind of site do you host and what type of configuration do you have?Truthfully I don't think ThePlanet is very good for managed. They are okay and their network is okay. I think they are either too big and cannot offer the personal attention for managed, or they just don't have very good administrators. They are very interested in re-formatting when things go bad rather than correcting the problem.I don't love Rack Space either since I think they are overpriced and don't offer as much as some other companies I've worked with. I would try a managed company that has a network on the West Coast since I think that's going to be faster to Asia. I could suggest a couple if you are interested.Truthfully I don't think ThePlanet is very good for managed. They are okay and their network is okay. I think they are either too big and cannot offer the personal attention for managed, or they just don't have very good administrators. They are very interested in re-formatting when things go bad rather than correcting the problem.I could not have said that better. God forbid you submit a ticket to ThePlanet "Gold Services Team" asking them to take a look at some errors and they respond with "Bad news, looks like your going to need an OS reload, we'll waive the $25 fee and try to get it done within the next 48 hours.". After the 4th time they did that we just had enough and decided to pull our account from their mismanagement staff.how is iweb8 as a managed hosting company