Battle.Net Help! Best Answer gets Best Answer!

Jake

I've been looking at websites to see how I can open the ports I need to be able to host a game but I have no idea how to get to the ports. From what I've learned I need to open the 6112 TCD IP Address Port.... Confused. I have a Mac OS X and have no idea what my port is. Please help!<br />
I have Ethernet , Firewall, I've tried almost every single thing on the web!<br />

Aj

Ok the ports im thinking you need to open have nothing to do with your computer if you have wireless router which is probably what you have. If im right you need to acess your wireless router config and forward the ports that you want.

tonyb

A port is like a channel that software can listen to for incoming connections, and different bits of software operate on different ports. This enables many types of software to 'listen' for connections on a computers single IP address, without getting confused as to which traffic is intended for which bit of software. There are thousands of ports available on your computer!

Managing ports is usually done through your router. If you are using a router you will have to set up port forwarding in your NAT firewall configuration, so that traffic coming through the router from your external IP address knows how to reach your Mac via its internal IP address.

Without more information, on how your connection is set up and what firewall software you may use, it is difficult to give you more specific information.