anyone have experience with NetNation?

webmasterbeta

I'm considering going with a linux managed solution, <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.netnation.com/products/managed-linux110p.php">http://www.netnation.com/products/managed-linux110p.php</a><!-- m --> -- by NetNation. Does anyone have any experience with them or have suggestions about this package? Thank you!Sorry to bump this, but I'm really interested if anyone has experience with them in the past. So far with pre-sale questions they have been quite helpful and responsive, but I'm wondering if anyone has prior experience with them so I can get a better feel to what I'm getting myself into. Thank you.Have you tried searching? Chances are nobody replied because they are not familiar with them. There are tens/hundreds of small dedicated providers and even more resellers. The traceroutes look like they are in Seattle which has a lot of colocation space.I tried netnation for domain only and i hope that i dont get billed for renewal of it for i just emailed them to cancel it and they replied just let it expire by itself so i said ok. Other than that i think netnation charges way too much . Support for domain and stuff was ok though.NetNation Is Vancouver. They are owned by Hostway. Pretty solid overall but a bit pricey. Guess you get what you pay for.NetNation was sold to hostway.com last year... I've heard that the support has dropped a little since then, but they were pretty good when we had a client who used them up until last month. (Our client decided to go with rackspace.com instead.)

If you're happy with their support/service so far, then go for it.I used to work for NetNation. The NOC staff has changed a bit since then, but I'm sure those who remained would want to be surrounded by equally tallented staff. The support personal will vary in quality, some will know everything about everything, some read about linux in a magazine once and like playing doom. If you're a managed customer I imagine you'll have a direct NOC contact so I wouldn't be to worried.

If you're in Vancouver why not call them up and have a meeting. They'll show you the setup and introduce you to someone from NOC.You know what I actually haven't heard anything bad about Netnation. I know they have been around for a long time and I think DomainPeople.com/ca are port of NetNation.

My current webhost is using Netnation for their servers and everything has been pretty stable so far. I was actually going to go with one of their managed server accounts till my old employer sai d he'd give me the same price for a managed co location in a Vancouver d.c..My current webhost is using Netnation for their servers...

Just to clarify, we simply rent cage space from Netnation and use their network. All servers and networking equipment is our own. However, to comment on their network, we have been most pleased.