AME 2.5 - Media Embedding for posts, sigs, vm's, groups and blogs

MobileHacks

From the makers of the letters O and Yea comes the hottest 'must have mod' of the season: AME 2.5 - The Return of The Hot Mama.

AME is the multi award winning modification that smartly scans new and edited posts for URLs from a customisable variety of web sites (i.e. YouTube or Amazon or about 200 others). If it finds a match, AME will 'transform' the URL into inline embedded media without your users ever having to even think about it.

It was important for me to create a system that did not need updating (and subsequent reinstalling) every time one of the sites it supported decided to change the way it displayed its media (which is all the fricken time). Therefore I built a system in which the 'definitions' for each site could be imported, exported, tweaked and shared on a whim. This way, you only have to import the definitions that you want. It also allows the vB community to get creative and share definitions that I wouldn't of thought of!

Which sites are supported?

Included in the default installation is YouTube and Amazon. At time of posting this, I believe that there are over 180 sites supported that have been created by the vBulletin community. These range from sites that stream videos to Amazon referral links to locally hosted music and video files.

Installation/Upgrade
  • Upload the contents of the forums folder into your forums directory and import the product-ame.xml file into your product manager (if upgrading, choose 'yes' to overwrite previous installation).
  • After installation, make sure that the system is on (admincp->AME CP->Settings)
  • Then you may want to try to rebuild old URLs via the tools option.

Change Log
  • 20/1/09 - Uploaded to vb.org
  • 22/1/09 - v. 2.5.2. Adresses a couple minor issues and character sets
  • 23/1/09 - v. 2.5.3 minor update: Fixed ksort error on import and nomedia display

tryer

Can you make me a definition for

IMEEM
ESNIPS
MUSICDUMPER

and other music zones. . . . .
PLEASE REALLY NEEDED!! TY

Timon

DJ's Master XML (Delta).xml

when i upload this file in product i receive Invalid File Specified

plz help..

-ICEBOX-

its not working in 3.8.0 everytime I post a megavideo and youtube no video.. its say's...

MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it

YouTube - SEX IN THE SENATE! PGOV: Episode One

anyone can make it work in 3.8.0....

Nocta

-ICEBOX- said:
is passivevid 1.1.2 working in 3.8.0? is there any update for passivevid...?

Yes, it works. Passivevid is quite better for me too and it's here, in the forum if you want to download it.