All vB.org 3.8.x Add-ons and Template Mods as of 05/24/2009

nextgen

This is an amazing link. No need to search for certain mods. Almost all are in this download. You guys rock..

William9999

Cyb - Login To User Account

*** Please Sticky this Warning ****

There is a serious security bug in this modification which can allow a member to access any user account. DO NOT INSTALL! Been hacked twice because of this product!

vBulletin.org Forum - Cyb - Login To User Account

Seems like we have a worst-case-scenario... :( I just tried to "hijack" an admin account of a forum postet in the signatur of an user using the 3.7-Version.

Unfortunatly, I was successfull...
I now have full access of his forum! Don't worry - I will not do any harm!

ADMINs! Please remove all versions of this AddOn & inform every admin to disable this AddOn as soon as possible!
If vb-Admins would like to test hijacking forums - send PN an I'll give you some links to vunerable forums. There you can hijack any account you want. Unbelivable!!!

ahmedr

William9999 said:

There is a serious security bug in this modification which can allow a member to access any user account. DO NOT INSTALL! Been hacked twice because of this product!

Seems like we have a worst-case-scenario... :( I just tried to "hijack" an admin account of a forum postet in the signatur of an user using the 3.7-Version.

ADMINs! Please remove all versions of this AddOn & inform every admin to disable this AddOn as soon as possible!
If vb-Admins would like to test hijacking forums - send PN an I'll give you some links to vunerable forums. There you can hijack any account you want. Unbelivable!!!

thanks a dozen for thje heads up!!
have they updated a new version to fix this bug?, is this bug in the latest version of the hack?
they must've fixed it or it would'nt be approved by vbulletin.org...or not, I am confused...why is it approved by vb.org when it is so vunerable!?!
If there's any update about this info can you please let us know....cause it is a great hack, shame its got a security bug, it was comming in handy, I've removed it from my forum till I here about a fix-up!

thanks again for the info!!!! This info needs to be sticked in this section!

William9999 said:

where did you find this information?