Alert site

zaksteruk

Hi,

I doubt anyone on here can make this mod but it's worth a shot.

Place in adminCP a box for alert site then type in a message and click 'give alert' once you've given the alert it will flash up on everyones screen thats currently on the forum.

If you can make this your a legend if not then (N)

cereal_killer

I see this as a great idea! Very handy for downtime announcements and lots of other things that required things to get out to the community quicky and efficently.

idea is great imo, unfortunately i dont have any skills to do that.

One thing i cant understand ,
why all staff members are so arrogant when some ask help or something like that, i know maybe some questions are so dummies, but i dont think u all must be arrogant, whats the point of this good community if i dont get any nice answers or whatever, you get the point.

zaksteruk

Don't worry I get the point, I've tryed for help many of times and as you may see in this thread nothing ever comes forward :(

Hoxxy

zaksteruk said:
Don't worry I get the point, I've tryed for help many of times and as you may see in this thread nothing ever comes forward :(

Well I was working on a mod/plugin for you, not exactly what you wanted but a close 2nd but if you don't want it then I will stop coding it?!

frog said:
idea is great imo, unfortunately i dont have any skills to do that.

One thing i cant understand ,
why all staff members are so arrogant when some ask help or something like that, i know maybe some questions are so dummies, but i dont think u all must be arrogant, whats the point of this good community if i dont get any nice answers or whatever, you get the point.

hello frog I guest your post is a reference to my post, so heres my 2 cents, I am probably the most dedicated member here, I have over 3000 posts (highest poster here) of which 99% are of me helping someone with a problem, if you don't like how the staff of vBTEAM work then f*** off and go somewhere else :)

Hoxxy said:
hello frog I guest your post is a reference to my post, and all I can say is if you don't like how the staff of vBTEAM work then fuck off and go somewhere else :)

yeah :D
i guess that you dont know how to talk nicely with people, presumedly shitty childhood.
Sorry dude but dont take personally all things.
and it was not reference your post, here are more staff members.

anyway sorry for offtopic and peace!

zaksteruk

Yes Hoxxy I would still like you to carry on with the Code It's nice to know somone is actually helping out for once.

Update to idea:

Usergroup Alert - Choose which usergroup you would like to alert.

Hoxxy

zaksteruk said:
Yes Hoxxy I would still like you to carry on with the Code It's nice to know somone is actually helping out for once.

Update to idea:

Usergroup Alert - Choose which usergroup you would like to alert.

Ok well so far I have a coded a mod that when turned on everytime a member visits forumhome (index.php) a javascript alert box pops up with the message you have written from within admincp, but I still need to sort it so it only shows once as it would get very irratating having to close it everytime a member goes back to forumhome but this means playing with cookies so need to read up a little more on this.

Setting it for curtain usergroups only should be easy enough.

blackknights

Hoxxy not that I'm a coder and I don't presume to be but just a thought towards your efforts could not the pop up pm message code be modified to suite the needs here.
Then it could be added to the email system as an alternative contact method and thus using individual or mass contact by user group.
Just think aloud disregard if off base.

zaksteruk

Hi Hoxxy,

It's looking good so far, is there a way so that you can just alert the site when you click a button in admincp instead of when you enable the mod it alerts users that just log in.?

Hoxxy

blackknights said:
Hoxxy not that I'm a coder and I don't presume to be but just a thought towards your efforts could not the pop up pm message code be modified to suite the needs here.
Then it could be added to the email system as an alternative contact method and thus using individual or mass contact by user group.
Just think aloud disregard if off base.

Your not of base but I think your proposel might be a little out of my league of coding, mod of my mods/plgins are simple ones that don't really need much brain power :)

zaksteruk said:
Hi Hoxxy,

It's looking good so far, is there a way so that you can just alert the site when you click a button in admincp instead of when you enable the mod it alerts users that just log in.?

Well actually I have now gone and re-written this mod and so no javascript is involved and it now more of a multi purpose message box that really you could use for anything, an alternative to the default notices box you could say,I got to think about the use for other members to ;)

To do as you have asked I think it would need some time to work out how as blackknights mentioned to use the code from the pm system but that might be over my head but will take a look see.

blackknights

Thanks for the consideration of my idea, what if you implemented the pop up that arrives when you get the PM messages stating that you have one waiting and if you would like to open it or not, that pop up is coded already and if it can be altered to place text as per user wishes then should suffice the needs.
The only thing is to be able to send globally, grouped or individually would be the concern, unless the code for ACP pm system can be used and tided in essentially by passing the actual PM.

Once again just my 2 cents slinking back to my corner :)

Hoxxy said:
Your not of base but I think your proposel might be a little out of my league of coding, mod of my mods/plgins are simple ones that don't really need much brain power :)

Well actually I have now gone and re-written this mod and so no javascript is involved and it now more of a multi purpose message box that really you could use for anything, an alternative to the default notices box you could say,I got to think about the use for other members to ;)

To do as you have asked I think it would need some time to work out how as blackknights mentioned to use the code from the pm system but that might be over my head but will take a look see.

Hoxxy

Any news on the mod?
Update:
Gone and done a second re-write now a box drops into the page when activated, few more admin options such as show once per session, all the time or even every so often, user group options and all in all a better version I will try to post in the next day or so im just testing it atm.

...could hoxxys version be used to pop up to unregistered users telling them to register?

Yes ;)

HyperActiv

Yeah really, why do you doubt?
I am a modifications developer.. and i can show my works if you dont belive me..
i think there is a lot of developers in this forum.

i'll try to build the mod that you ask in this thread.