$.ajax wont work in IE 8

XfallingpointX

I have tried to get my page to work in IE but this code does not work, it will not print out "Fooo!" as a Paragraf eg, nothing is shown. It does however do that in FF wihout any hickups;\[code\] <script> $(document).ready(function(){ $.ajax({ type: "GET", url: "foo.xml", dataType: "xml", success: function(xml) { var markup = "<p>Fooo!</p>" $(markup).appendTo(".container"); } }); }); </script>\[/code\]If i make the printout without the "$.ajax" it works in IE without any problems. Works in IE;\[code\] <script> $(document).ready(function(){ var markup = "<p>Fooo!</p>" $(markup).appendTo(".container"); }); </script>\[/code\]*Edit Im now sure that it does not read the .xml i added the code;\[code\]error: function(r, s, e) { alert(s); alert(e); } \[/code\]In the "$.ajax" and it resolves to "parseerror" and "undefiend" in IE. I have tried with diffrent XMLs that im pretty sure would work, this for example;\[code\]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><fooo></fooo>\[/code\]*Edit2 I tried loading a xml from the web (http://www.w3schools.com/xml/note.xml), it resulted in that it worked in IE but not in FF (same fault as prev on IE, "parseerror" and "undefined") any idea?Any suggestion why the $.ajax (xml-read) dont work?