acunett vs serverwizards

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

Looking for best server management for my server. Wich is better - acunett or serverwizards? What do you recommend?

Thanks!

Cheers,
conI am a current client with acunett and have been for about 3 years now. They have great support and a lot of options. though they are a little pricey in some areas, I would recommend them. Hope this helpsI recommand Acunett, they have lot of staff (8 or 9 I think).They are all good, I have open near 120 ticket in 3 month for 3 servers, so yes they are really unlimited :) They answer all successfully.So I highly recommand Acunett.I prefer acunett.I've had ServerWizards and Acunett. While ServerWizards was good, nothing really compares with Acunett's pro-active work. They are on top of it like no one else and they are less expensive. That really adds up, especially when you have multiple servers and plan on adding more.

Just my $.02Personally I cannot recommed Acunett enough. The team are excellent, and give you total confidence that your servers are being managed by people who are knowledgable, and the best at what they do. They have been around a long time and once you are signed up with them, you understand why. :)I highly recommend Server Wizards. Friendly staff & excellent, very fast support.Craig.I've been very happy with ServerWizards.... unbeatable for the price, IMHO. They have bailed me out of some complex problems more times than I care to count!My money and servers go with Acunett.com there has never been an issue that they cannot resolve quickly and professionally.

If you want to sleep well at night knowing your servers are being looked after, then the only choice is to go with acunett.

I have been with them for several years coming from a SW like provider. and the difference is night and day.

Acunett is trully unlimited tickets, I have had several tickets open at the same time on several servers and all were addressed at the same time by different techs and resolved quickly.

You will not be let down by the guys at acunett. They really do go above and beyond what is called for from a server support company.I never heard about Accunet - they must be small or new company.

I do have bunch of servers with Serverwizards and I & my servers pretty happy with them - SW solve some issues like a spam abusers on Saturday night (4am) - in matter of few minutes (when I'm already sleeping).

My previuos expiriences with other company's wasn't so successful.

When you choosing management company you should choose one which used by many PROFESSIONAL hosters - not by few guys with single server "hosting businesses" (and 10 posts on WHT) :)I never heard about Accunet - they must be small or new company.

I do have bunch of servers with Serverwizards and I & my servers pretty happy with them - SW solve some issues like a spam abusers on Saturday night (4am) - in matter of few minutes (when I'm already sleeping).

My previuos expiriences with other company's wasn't so successful.

When you choosing management company you should choose one which used by many PROFESSIONAL hosters - not by few guys with single server "hosting businesses" (and 10 posts on WHT) :)

New or small, AcuNett? No I hardly think so. I've used AcuNett for the past 2 1/2 years on many monthly projects and have sent several of our other dedicated server clients to them. They have at least a dozen staff members and Ronny who owns and runs the company is very involved with all activities. Even if you ever have an issue with something they have done he will make sure the issue is properly taken care of.

I have used 4 other companies in the past 3 years, hell one even being one of the top rated server management companies on WHT, and AcuNett put them to shame. My recommendation to anyone who requires a company that speaks English and performs all task properly the first time is AcuNett.

BTW steven-v, I think my post count speaks for it self in my review. :peace:I regulary check for management company's - heard about accunet only couple times and don't know anybody who use them (at same time have bunch of friend in industry). SW speak perfect english too (not a difference) - I have spoken with the owner (Martin) over the phone.

I think this post is wrong in a first case - accunet vs serverwizards - it's like comparing something that you cannot compare - I like Serverwizards, somebody else like rack911, somebody else likes totalserversolutions (and list can continue).

To me purpose of this post is just cheap way of self-advertising for accunet (very suspicion that question is asked by newbie and many reply's from newbies aswell) ?

If this is true - I would suggest community leads to erase this threat.

:peace:I never heard about Accunet - they must be small or new company.

really? you never heard of them before? i find that odd as you not long ago posted in a thread with accunet in :rolleyes:

ive used accunet for nearly 2 years now and have never had a problem with them, all tickets are answered very fast, normally under 10mins and issues are solved very fast, there staff are friendly and are always ready to help and explain things that your unsure ofI think this post is wrong in a first case - accunet vs serverwizards - it's like comparing something that you cannot compare - I like Serverwizards, somebody else like rack911, somebody else likes totalserversolutions (and list can continue).

its a bit like many posts, may i ask what you have got against accunet? i dont see you posting in other company vs company threads complaining? maybe we should ban the discusion of all companies as they may be promoting themHehe, this very funny :) Personally I have nothing against anybody. Just heard this name accunet couple times and don't know anybody who use them.

At same time use SW by myself and know several others who use them - it's very simple.

:peace:

its a bit like many posts, may i ask what you have got against accunet? i dont see you posting in other company vs company threads complaining? maybe we should ban the discusion of all companies as they may be promoting themIf this is true - I would suggest community leads to erase this threat.

I don't think any community leads need to get involved. The original thread was asking the difference or views on each company. Many people posted such as yourself. I followed your post with my views on acunett but directed the end of my reply to your accusation that people with lower post count should not be listen to or taken with a grain of salt. My post count, based on your statement, depicts my views "should" be taken to heart.

I've never used the other company stated in this thread HOWEVER I have used acunett and compared to 4 other management companies I have dealt with they were the best.

I have answered the original question therefore if you have any other urge to direct any post toward me please feel free to PM me.you can see posts about both companies here:accunet:http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?searchid=597490serverwizards:http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?searchid=597501Honestly I very happy for you. But history of WHT shows that peoples with low post counts is usually "ghosts" used for cheap self promotions - this was already discussed by many peoples inlcuding community leaders of WHT.

I agree with you about honest reviews and don't going to post anything about this subject anymore.

Peace to everybody :peace:

I don't think any community leads need to get involved. The original thread was asking the difference or views on each company. Many people posted such as yourself. I followed your post with my views on acunett but directed the end of my reply to your accusation that people with lower post count should not be listen to or taken with a grain of salt. My post count, based on your statement, depicts my views "should" be taken to heart.

I've never used the other company stated in this thread HOWEVER I have used acunett and compared to 4 other management companies I have dealt with they were the best.

I have answered the original question therefore if you have any other urge to direct any post toward me please feel free to PM me.Im not related with acunett in any way, just want to find the best server managment service.. serverwizards have also tons of great reviews. but still, acunett will be my choice probably. thanks guys and girls! :)AcuNett has been around for much longer than SW. They have 8 - 9 employees -- SW is a one man show. Just do a search on them.I did search and cannot find any proof about your statements related to "SW is one man show". Can I have phone of acunet where I can call and talk to 8-9 empoyees ? I did call SW before I signup and did talk with different peoples - so your statements is false and don't have any proof.

:peace:

AcuNett has been around for much longer than SW. They have 8 - 9 employees -- SW is a one man show. Just do a search on them.Can I have the phone number of Serverwizards? "I did call SW before I signup and did talk with different peoples"Maybe you talk with is mother and father. :)I don't see any interest to talk to many people when I call to a compagny. Except to just in case somebody ask me if they are many in a forum, but I never think to that... lol.Ronny from Acunett posts here all the time. And their reputation on this forum are the entire reason we are getting a server from them as we speak. They ran out of the Opteron 244s and offered to upgrade us to the 246s gratis. Can't wait to have the server online and really put em to work :DCan I have phone of acunet where I can call and talk to 8-9 empoyees ?Everything is handled very quickly via email/helpdesk. Shoot an email over to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> and see what kind of response you get.Our experience talking with Acunett thus far has been great and given their reputation around here we would feel comfortable suggesting them.JohnSteven, the poster asked for a review of both services. I hope you can let people on this forum post their views without harassing them. Contra has already expressed that he is satisfied with the various reviews (there were positive reviews for both our company and server wizards in this thread). Case closed.Our company was establish in 2001. Alexa.com and WHOIS will show you the history & creation date of ANY website. I suggest you check this out as your comments seem quite ironic to me.As far as you not believing we have 9 employees, PM me for a number if you really want to talk to someone. We have an office in both Knoxville and Nashville. Please note that you may only be able to talk to one - three people at once, the same people do not work 24x7. They work 8 hours.I will say that I've done business with both companies. I cannot recommend accunet. However I will say that they are a stand up company and ronny over there was honest and when I contracted him to do some work and was later unable to do it, he refunded my money promptly. That says something.

Serverwizards is decent. I've had issues with them, but from about 8am to 12am they respond to tickets very promtly (almost always within 15 minutes). IF you need 24/7 support perhaps accunet is a better choice.I regulary check for management company's - heard about accunet only couple times and don't know anybody who use them (at same time have bunch of friend in industry). SW speak perfect english too (not a difference) - I have spoken with the owner (Martin) over the phone.I think this post is wrong in a first case - accunet vs serverwizards - it's like comparing something that you cannot compare - I like Serverwizards, somebody else like rack911, somebody else likes totalserversolutions (and list can continue).To me purpose of this post is just cheap way of self-advertising for accunet (very suspicion that question is asked by newbie and many reply's from newbies aswell) ? If this is true - I would suggest community leads to erase this threat.:peace:Are you kidding me? SW does not even offer all the services they have plus acunett offers more on there 24/7 package then SW does and that is why i am going with AcuNett in a couple of months. All i have to say about your post is make sure you do some research about a company before you bash it and make sure you have the facts not rumors.Have been using SW with more than a year and is satiesfied.
They never told me 'no' to change anything, no matter how small it is - even if I can do it myself.

5/5 from me :)We've been using acunett as an addition to our own support team since December 05 and have no complaints. They have been awesome.I have used acunett. They were pretty good in the beginning.

But, when I had to move a site from one server to another, I was pretty disappointed.
It was a large site and database (couple Gigs)... and specifically asked if it can be done other than via WHM/cPanel copy facility - such as through shell (pkgacct, zip it, wget)

After a couple hours, I inquired about status, to be told that the copy is working through WHM, and it would be several more hours.

Well, if I knew that in advance and/or was told it was the only way to do it, then I would have had my secretary take care of it.

They were dumped right after thatI have used acunett. They were pretty good in the beginning.But, when I had to move a site from one server to another, I was pretty disappointed.It was a large site and database (couple Gigs)... and specifically asked if it can be done other than via WHM/cPanel copy facility - such as through shell (pkgacct, zip it, wget)After a couple hours, I inquired about status, to be told that the copy is working through WHM, and it would be several more hours.Well, if I knew that in advance and/or was told it was the only way to do it, then I would have had my secretary take care of it.They were dumped right after thatI don't know your specific situation. If the transfer was not done successfully you should have been entitled to your money back. If this was not the case, let me know and I will correct it.If you paid us to do a transfer, and the cpanel/WHM utility was working, there is absolutely no reason for us not to use it.If the cpanel/WHM utility did not work, we would of course have done a scp/restore of pkgacct or other methods.Ok, my post count may be little, but I'm here in WHT since 2003 :)Ok, I use many server management service and one time service.This is the rank that I can list out.1. AcunettRonny, Brian etc are superb technician. They can work extremely reliable and fast if you provide full report :) not by saying "webserver down". One day my server down, they sms me and email the datacenter within minutes. When I open up my putty in my phone, the server already up. If you want a quality service. then choose Acunett. Whenever I login to SSH, I always see their IP as 'last login'. Which means they do their jobs.2. ServerwizardsI ordered the one time service from them 3 times. 2 of it make the server damage. So i have to format the server. Maybe the problem is too complex. But for securing, they done a good job. They SPAM protector is really good.3. Rack911Use it for one time service. Really qucik and short reply. No personal touch. But the problem is fixed.Hope this will help.I have used serverwizards for over two years now, have never had any problems. I actually thought i had a server with over 6 months uptime but it just turned out when it was down SW opened tickets for me to reboot it. They are good with single servers as well as multiple servers. I doing alot of various hosting related activities so have them around is a big help. I have also used accunett and i did not have a problem at all. This is not a bad thing about accunett but just an observation, I bought some kernel tunning and after it was complete i always like to run history commands and last login to see the work and noticed the work was done by the exact same ip as SW. That wasnt to odd i guess, its possible accunett gets backed up and has SW do some work. So overall nothing bad to say about either one.I always like to run history commands and last login to see the work and noticed the work was done by the exact same ip as SW. That wasnt to odd i guess, its possible accunett gets backed up and has SW do some work. So overall nothing bad to say about either one.

Marcin was employed by us for several years, and was allowed to run his own side business whilst doing so.I used acunett twice, they did a very poor job setting up my servers, I have been securing and optimizing my servers by myself since then.I磎 with ServerWizards for the last 3 years... I have five servers with them and my monthly uptime is higher than 99,8%. I recommend them!My .02:

rack911 - bad experience
ServerWizards - Ok
Acunett - I finally found a homeI've been with ServerWizards for a while (about a year) and I've been very happy with them and have no problems to speak of. They've always been responsive, helpful, and definitely worth the money.This reply is a little late but I had to chime in since I have been with Acunett for a few years and have never been disappointed. They are extremely knowledgeable, always go above and beyond my expectations and are always available. The amount of service they provide for the amount of money they charge pounds the competition!.

Acunett is a solid choice and one you will not be sorry for.

RickI love acunettYes... acunett is probably better...I've been looking at an AcuNett managed dedicated server with proactive support -- altogether it might cost me $275/month after setup fees. For those of you with the proactive package, if your Web site crashes, or you have a MySQL problem, or you need an installation, generally how long does it take them to fix it? And do those sorts of fixes cost extra beyond the proactive pacakge? I like what I see on their Web site, but I've had such bad luck with hosts that I'm hesitant.Do not hesite, I have post over 100 tickets, all resolve shortly... They are the best around for an incredible price.I think they advertise a 35 minute average response for tickets. It is pretty much on target, quickly resolved. They don't charge for fixing problems like a mysql failure. The only time I have been charged for anything was when they worked on one of my personal servers that I didn't have management for. For servers they have under management, they don't charge anything. Always fast at fixing the problems.I second that! Don't hesitate. Unlimited tickets is just what it says. Of course if something crashes it'll have more priority than a submitted ticket... also with their ticketing system you can set priority on the ticket you're submitting if you have an urgent issue.

$275 is nothing when you think about their proactive support. How much would it cost you if there was a security hole out there that you didn't know about? Their proactive services tell you when there's a problem out there (such as the recent wysiwyg pro security hole in cPanel). Let's face it, we all can't know everything that's going on out there so a server management company just makes sense, and as you can see from this thread, Acunett has the most experience and awesome cheers in this thread.

Oh... and awesome response times I must say... no matter the issue I've experienced :)Thanks for your comments! That makes me feel better. After working with companies that promise 24/7 support and don't provide it, I need to be sure.

One more question -- Are they also responsive on the weekends, and fix problems on the weekends? My current host basically disappears after 5 p.m. on Fridays.lol, better than that... they are their at chrismas if you don't want to celebrate and make them work ;) They have allways a staff their. (they have around 10).That's great! Thanks so much. :)

I just want to add, I don't know what I'd do if this forum didn't exist. I've looked all around to find honest reviews and feedback on Web hosts, and this one is by far the best that I've seen. Thank you.I was not satisfied with Acunett's service, cancelled my account, and would not recomend them.Well from my experience with both I had to have Serverwizards fix the botched job Acunett made on a server we had then do a kernel on.

They actually left me with a unbootable server that was fixed by SW with a kvm over IP.

In the end it could have happened to anyone however its how you handle the issue once it has happened that makes the difference in the end.*The following post may be relevant to the last post*Ironically Marcin (ServerWizards), employed by us for several years prior to november of last year, was the one that did your kernel :). Now I have no record of an "ontimehosting" that has ever ordered services from us, so I can't check your specific case to see how we "left" you with an unbootable server. I usually try to be aware of any an all things done by my staff, especially with emergency situations and I cannot recall ever leaving someone's server down.We have had a total of 5 unbootable custom compiled kernels in our history that led to over an 1 hour of downtime. 1 of them resulted in an OS restore simply because the DC would not cooperate. All kernels, including that 5, were compiled by our ex-employee. I am quite positive we have not had any unbootable kernels since the time he was relieved. If I am mistaken, feel free to let us know.