About Plesk

ellamouse

Okay well I got a server with Plesk. I pointed and registered my name-servers and their ips on my domain host.

On my Plesk panel. How do I register and setup those name-servers for my site too go up?

Thanks. Anyone? Step 1: Going to DNS Management Screen

1) To start, you'll have to login to Plesk with your username, admin, and password you received after signing up with your hosting provider.
After logging in to Plesk, you should see the image below:

2) To modify DNS entries, click on the 'Server' link on the left side of your control panel. Following, please click on the 'DNS' icon to modify and create your entries.

Step 2: Creating A Records for Name Servers

1) To create your name servers in Plesk, And a New DNS Record, specifying Record type as A.

2) You should see a screen like below:

Step 2: Creating A Records for Name Servers

1) To create your name servers in Plesk, And a New DNS Record, specifying Record type as A.

2) You should see a screen like below:

3) Now, it's time to create nameserver 1. You can virtually name this anything you'd like. In this tutorial, we're going to name it ns1.
4) To setup nameserver 1, enter in 'ns1' in the 'Enter domain name' field. This will ensure that all domains on the server use these nameservers, unless otherwise specified.
5) With your JodoHost account, you will receive at least 2 IP addresses by default in your signup email. You can use 2 of those IPs for the purpose of name server creation.
6) Enter the IP address that you would like to assign to nameserver 1.
7) Click on the 'OK' button to save your changes.
8) You'll once again return to the main DNS. Management screen.

2) Once again, add a New DNS Record, but selecting the Record Type as NS this time.
3) You will see a screen like below:

3) Leave the "Enter domain name" field blank.
3) Enter ns1.domain.com in the "Enter nameserver" field. Replace domain.com with your actual domain
4) Proceed by clicking the 'OK' button.
5) The record will be succesfully created. You'll return to the DNS Management screen

6) To create ns2, Once again add a New DNS Record, with Record Type NS

1) Please add 'ns2.domain.com' as a nameserver. You must replace 'domain.com' with your actual domain name.
2) Proceed by clicking the 'OK' button.
Step 4: Removing Uneeded DNS Records:

1) Scroll down to see the list of DNS records created in your Plesk system

2) There's a few entries that are not needed in the DNS configuration settings. You can remove these by checking off the box on the right hand side off your screen, and then clicking the 'Remove Selected' button above the DNS table.

3) ns.<domain>. and <domain>. will be removed
Step 5: Creating Name Servers at Domain Registrar

1) Before these DNS entries will function, you must login to your domain control panel to change your nameservers.
2) After logging in, navigate to your domain's nameserver settings. Your registrar should have an option for you to register nameservers through them. Unless you're hosting your own DNS (which will not be covered in this tutorial), you must register your nameservers with the domain registrar.
3) Add 'ns1.domain.com' and 'ns2.domain.com', corresponding with the IP addresses you assigned earlier.
4) After you've registered your nameservers, please change domain.com's nameservers to the ones you just created (i.e ns1 and ns2.domain.com).
5) After doing so, your domain's nameservers should update. Please note: DNS propagation can take up to 48 hours before it is fully complete.
6) For all other domains on your server, unless you've specifically given them a private IP/nameservers, should be using ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com.
You're finished! You've successfully created your own nameservers.
Mine looks different. Here is what mine looks like: http://screensnapr.com/v/3OOS5U.png I edited it in tools and settings to display all of these records.

I did everything you said. Here is what it looks like: http://screensnapr.com/v/dr5nar.png
Is there anything that looks wrong or should be or not be there?

Thanks Anyone?