A bugg in my forum, Need help please !!!

eslim

I have a bugg in my forum wich consist in not showing the forums in the navbar, see the picture in attachement.

Note : My forum is arabic based.

Need help please, can someone tell me the cause ??

Thanks

snardley

Sounds like your navbar or header template got buggered up somehow. Not sure what skin your using however assumming that your skin uses a navbar template this should solve your problem.

Edit your navbar template and find:

Code:
<!-- breadcrumb, login, pm info -->

Add before:

Code:
<!-- top nav buttons bar -->
<div class="tborder" style="padding:1px; border-bottom-width:0px">
    <table cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%" align="center">
    <tr align="center">
        <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="index.php?$session[sessionurl]">Home</a></td>
        <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily">$vbphrase[todays_posts]</a></td>
        <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread">$vbphrase[mark_forums_read]</a></td>
        <if condition="$show['member']">
        <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=process&showposts=0&starteronly=1&exactname=1&searchuser=$bbuserinfo[username]">My Threads</a> / <a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=process&showposts=0&exactname=1&searchuser=$bbuserinfo[username]">My Replies</a></td>
        <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="#" onclick="window.open('misc.php?$session[sessionurl]do=buddylist&focus=1','buddylist','statusbar=no,menubar=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars  =yes,resizable=yes,width=250,height=300'); return false;">Contacts</a></td>
        </if>
        <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="group.php?$session[sessionurl]">Social Groups</a></td>
        <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="online.php?$session[sessionurl]">$vbphrase[whos_online]</a></td>
        <if condition="$bbuserinfo[usergroupid] == 6">
        <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="$admincpdir/index.php$session[sessionurl_q]">AdminCP</a></td>
        </if>
    </tr>
    </table>
</div>
<!-- / top nav buttons bar -->

eslim

I'm using Firestorm template,
Sorry but that is not the problem,

In fact, u can't see forums hierarchy when u are in sub-forums like this :

vBTEAM Underground > General vBulletin Discussion & Articles > Programming
Reload this Page A bugg in my forum, Need help please !!!

Also i have to tell you that my forum is arabic based langage

snardley

hmm, hard to tell what's really going on based on the data you've provided.

do you have the default vb template in place and is it still messed up?

if the default template is exhibiting the same problems as your firestorm skin then perhaps your forumdisplay.php was damaged or has incorrect file permissions.

bluescorpion

That was a bad move. Try to create a new template and save it as default. Its possible that you have shot yourself in the foot... If it will create a default template, check to see if the original problem is there. If it is, you could be screwed. If its not, that means your custom template has a problem so you may have to reinstall it.

snardley

Backup you mysql db using admincp-->maintenance-->database backup or my preference is to backup/restore using mysqldumper (attached here), thats assuming that your host permits access to port 3306. If not you'll have to use phpmyadmin.

Once your vB database is properly backed up and you've made copies of any special code in your header, navbar, forumhome, other template mods and any other postbit mods you may have made. Only after everything is copied and backed up including your /includes/config.php.

1. RELOAD vBulletin from scratch.

2. Restore your vB mysql database using mysqldumper or via phpmyadmin.

3. Install your skin of choice in this case firestorm and any other hacks/mods you wish.

That should restore your vBulletin to good working order.

Oh and be careful its easy to break the board modding it as you've noticed.

Always make a text copy backup of any template your modding beforehand just in case.

Good Luck!

dusean

Dude did you write ur site name after installning vbulletin....The part where you write in ur sitename and email adress for support because it looks like you miss that part ...can you see your site name on the top left of the browser ... if no then there is a part which you have missed .. otherwise you can install some othe style and check if ti works ... or just check default style OR CHANGE THE nulled vbulletin .. :p

eslim

Thanks for your answers.

My forum is in Arabic so text is displayed Right to left and the forum name is well there.

I tried with 3 differents templates and still have the same problem and it's soo annoing

Did someone have any ideas ??