Which is better?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Both seem the same to me

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

h@ck3r

I happen to know a few people who have upgraded their forums from 3.8.0 to 3.8.1, and all of whom are now having troubles with their boards.

Are there any known errors in the 3.8.1 release?

What are your thoughts on these 2 versions? Which do YOU think is better?

3.8.0 OR 3.8.1?

j0nty07

I've upgraded one board to 3.8.1 with the DGT release because the users on this particular board like to have the latest release, it's like a fashion statement to them, and there have been no reports of any any issues.

On another board which has remained at 3.8.0, I had implemented GYSN's 'no ip logging' (to an extent with what info was available at the time.) A few days after doing this, the teams released 3.8.1 and I found that I just couldn't summon up enough energy to check all the files in 3.8.1. Therefore I shall be leaving this one board at 3.8.0. (I had thought about copying over all the individual files on the but I don't know what other changes in the updated version I would be overwriting, if any). With this in mind, I think I will stay at 3.8.0 until such times there comes a security release or a significant major upgrade.

I would also say that having used 3.8.0 and seeing a wee bit of 3.8.1, I actually don't know what the differences are between the two. (other than having an extra templates to update)

My Conclusion: If 3.8.0 ain't broke and you're not a fashion addict, stick with 3.8.0, it works dunnit?

Kenpachi

dont have any problems with the upgrade ..
previous running board = vB version 3.80 + vbSEO 3.2 (Gold) + vBCMPS 3.1
after install = vB 3.81 + same vbseo n vbadvance .. no problems at all ..
n its pretty much stable!

kscoolcat

I have a single problem..
whats new in 3.8.1 ??? :D becoz i didn't feel any difference between 3.8.0 and 3.8.1..