Zxing qr scanning blackberry crash

JoshZz

I am implementing a QR code scanner for blackberry devices and I am using ZXing libraries to do so. This is for os 6+ by the way. The problem I am having is that sometimes, only sometimes, when the camera opens up to prepare scanning, the device will freeze and do a full reboot...Otherwise it works most of the time, I am able to scan and decode the qr codes etc. However is just seems like it occasionally feels like crashing for no reason. I do not know if it is something with the camera or something in my code, but I will provide the code.\[code\]public void scanBarcode() { // First we create a hashtable to hold all of the hints that we can // give the API about how we want to scan a barcode to improve speed // and accuracy. Hashtable hints = new Hashtable(); // The first thing going in is a list of formats. We could look for // more than one at a time, but it's much slower. Vector formats = new Vector(); formats.addElement(BarcodeFormat.QR_CODE); hints.put(DecodeHintType.POSSIBLE_FORMATS, formats); // We will also use the "TRY_HARDER" flag to make sure we get an // accurate scan hints.put(DecodeHintType.TRY_HARDER, Boolean.TRUE); // We create a new decoder using those hints BarcodeDecoder decoder = new BarcodeDecoder(hints); // Finally we can create the actual scanner with a decoder and a // listener that will handle the data stored in the barcode. We put // that in our view screen to handle the display. try { _scanner = new BarcodeScanner(decoder, new MyBarcodeDecoderListener()); _barcodeScreen = new MyBarcodeScannerViewScreen(_scanner); } catch (Exception e) { return; } // If we get here, all the barcode scanning infrastructure should be set // up, so all we have to do is start the scan and display the viewfinder try { _scanner.stopScan(); _scanner.getPlayer().start(); _scanner.startScan(); UiApplication.getUiApplication().pushScreen(_barcodeScreen); } catch (Exception e) { }}/*** * MyBarcodeDecoderListener * <p> * This BarcodeDecoverListener implementation tries to open any data encoded * in a barcode in the browser. * * @author PBernhardt * **/private class MyBarcodeDecoderListener implements BarcodeDecoderListener { public void barcodeDecoded(final String rawText) { //UiApplication.getUiApplication().popScreen(UiApplication.getUiApplication().getActiveScreen()); UtilityDecoder.saveToHistory(rawText); try { UtilityDecoder.distributeBarcode(rawText); } catch (PIMException e) { } }}\[/code\]I basically call scanBarcode() when I click on a button on a toolbar.Can anyone tell me if my code is the problem, or the device, or something else? Thanks in advance for any help provided!