Why is it that if someone is gay its news but if they are straight it's not ?

ColduGalibier

i refer to the the current story on Yahoo regarding the olympics, 10 people out of 10,500 people are gay....why not say 10,490 people are straight. Why does been gay make headline news ?<br />
<br />
http//uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/18082008/58/beijing-2008-only-ten-gays-village.html<br />

suki

Maybe because 'straight' people don't go round making a big song and dance about their sexuality....like, ''I'm proud to be straight''.

tincoatr

And who really cares. If gays want equality with straights, why is it that they constantly point out how many there are everywhere? Equality for people comes quicker when people are absorbed into the overall community despite there differences rather than trying to point out there differences.

uo

Because they have nothing better to report, being gay is so not news anymore, they should mind their own business and get on with something that might be at least a little interesting.

Eve

Because they share SHOWERS and BEDROOMS together. So the straights have a right to know if they feel something rubbing against them in their sleep.

Besides most have AIDS too and other nasty STDs arising mostly from anal sex and same sex practice.

Remember it was gays who first got AIDS and then spread it to heterosexuals.

janets

I think it is because they are in the minority. Maybe one day it will read. The minority were straight.

AlbertR

Don't think either is news really, but well done on the maths.

If Robbie Williams turned out to be straight, I reckon that would be news.