Why are there so many antispy, antivirus programs?!!! And why don't ?

3randilovesyou3

they work?? I have tried a vast majority of antispy..antivirus programs and I'm to the point that if I could lift my computer, I would throw it out the window!! Unfortunately, I need my computer. I have firewall installed and it doesn't catch that ******* (I don't cuss and neither does my fingers) "ad.manager" whatever and more. I have changed my security settings. I don't download junk. I do not want to reformat. I know everyone has an opinion on which program to use. I just wish that viruses were not created faster than we can get rid of them. I tell you if I could talk to Bill Gates, I would!!<br />
<br />
I have windows xp. I guess I need to upgrade by buying a new computer.. shheeesh!<br />
<br />
Where's that Dell guy?? )<br />
<br />
love ya<br />
<br />
{{{hugs}}} <br />
<br />

springinbahamas

Hello,first -- no one program will get them all. malware is being created faster than it can be addressed. You need to have 1 AV program one software firewall,om XP windows is not the best. Several antispyware apps such as mlwarebytes,superantispyware,spyware blaster. Keep your apps and windows updated. use an alternete browser like Firefox.Also do not open attachments from people you do not know. Download software from the mfr's site. Avoid P2P and sharing sites.
Good luck.