Who is the best??

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Who is really the best managed server company.Combination of low price and quality service.To my knowledge there isnt really one "Best Managed Server Company" or every other company would be out of business o_O; My advice would be to do a lot of research using google and WHT forums. Figure out what types of services you are looking for and how much you are willing to pay. Some services out there may seem like a good deal now but once you sign up with them it may be a whole different deal. Make a list of items you are looking for and then search out providers that provide those services at a cost that seems reasonable to you and then contact them via their customer service and talk to them, see what their responce time and their attitude seems like. I know this isn't always a good or true sign of how good a company is, it might save you some of a headache later down the road. What exactly are you looking for in a managed server company? maybe that would better allow the people of WHT to respond to your post with possible leads.Example:Software upgrades as they become available.E-mail config setup filters.Hardening server / Security setupMonitor server and services status.Etc...Well put cdavis.Otherwise, I could make a few recommendations, wiredtree.com, rackspace.comwww.softlayer.com they have good uptime + fully managed servers. give it a try if you want :)www.softlayer.com they have good uptime + fully managed servers. give it a try if you want :)

Actually, they are self-managed but do offer administration tickets for tasks such as kernel upgrades.You could always get a decent unmanaged dedicated server and a decent 3rd party support team. As such if you don't like one part of it you can change just that part meaning disruption (should) be kept to a minimum if you want to moveCheckout hostdime , they have good technical support and you can have direct online chat with the techs individually. Their prices are not that cheap though.Yep, there are no " the best " to everyone. Try Server4Sale, they are very good in support and reselling servers at some data centers with a very low price.Add LiquidWeb to the list :)rackspace, ev1servers and softplayer would be my choicethe best would probably be very expensive i guess. But those big website like google or microsoft, they run on there own server. So wouldnt having your own server be the best?You cannot just look for low price but the value you are getting for the price.

Example: If you are getting amazing service from rackspace with immediate problem solving, the price you pay, even though higher than competitors is still of excellent value.i think that 3fn dot net should be added to the list as wellFrom reading about on WHT and other forums, I recommend rackspace.com, OK - they aren't the cheapest ever, but you get what you pay for in the end :)I would say EV1 and Data393 are the best value for your buck in terms of quick support and problem solving abilities.