Who is most reliable?

wxdqz

I am looking for a host for our company web site. It will be running a database written in PHP and MySQL. We would also like to host our e-mail on the same host/server. Our number one concern is reliability followed by performance followed by price. What would you guys suggest? So far I have looked at Rack Space, Lunar Pages, Yahoo! Small Business Hosting. Thanks for your help!I woudn't advise using any of them besides RackSpace.I've been at WebSiteSource.com for 2 years and they have been reliable for me. If it ever goes down, they send you an email in advance and do it at odd hours so it doesn't effect you as much and never for more than a few hours. They have done it maybe 4 times in two years. You can do all the stuff you mentioned above.Are you looking at your own server or just a shared account? If you are looking for dedicated, Rackspace is a good choice based on our servers there. However, I don't believe they do shared accountshow good is RackSpace?I woudn't advise using any of them besides RackSpace.

Why not? To simply say you wouldn't advise using a provider really isn't reason enough for the OP not to choose them. You should back up your advise with your actual experiences which prompted you to say that.

--TinaI am looking for a host for our company web site. It will be running a database written in PHP and MySQL. We would also like to host our e-mail on the same host/server. Our number one concern is reliability followed by performance followed by price. What would you guys suggest? So far I have looked at Rack Space, Lunar Pages, Yahoo! Small Business Hosting. Thanks for your help!Does yahoo offer php ?
i had once enquired and they said php is not provided. :dunno_now:I would say the bigger hosts are more reliable. They have a better income, so they can afford skilled staff.I would say the bigger hosts are more reliable. They have a better income, so they can afford skilled staff.

That's not always true.

Sometimes the "little hosts" are much more willing to provide a truly personal and "above and beyond" level of service/support.

We had a managed server with Tina, from <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.axishost.com">www.axishost.com</a><!-- w --> for over a year and her team went "above and beyond" for us on many occasions. I would never have received that level of service, for the price we were paying, from a "bigger host". They would have just laughed and then sent us a bill.

(BTW - I'm not saying that Tina/axishost.com is a "little" host. Just that she provided very good service that gave me the feeling like I was more then "just a number", which is often how the big hosts make me feel.)yep, blindbasher is right. Stick to big guys like hostway.yep, blindbasher is right. Stick to big guys like hostway.Have you had any experience with HostWay?A little back in the day. I had a shared business account for an ecoomerce site. I was paying like $49 buks. Never had any major issues with them.Check em out.I would take a look at <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.xpressaccess.comservermatrix/the">www.xpressaccess.comservermatrix/the</a><!-- w --> planet has given me great uptime for my site. I feel i have too many compalints of droppped e-mails and very bad support though. I am currently looking for another host, but do not want to move all my clients.Okie, I'm using midphase. I like them so far. Their set up is a bit mess up when I sign up with them, but they got it worked. Then smooth sailing from there. Their customer service is quite awesome. I called them on the phone all the time. Though I also love to use their text messaging center for support.Funny, I contacting them for support because I have many silly questions. :) And I use 911 emergency flag as a normal situation :).we've been really happy with groovesystems.com. They're a little known gem, but growing fast from what I hear.Does yahoo offer php ?
i had once enquired and they said php is not provided. :dunno_now:
Yahoo does offer PHP, but I believe this is for their small business plans only [note this is how it was about a year ago, things may have changed]I am looking for a host for our company web site. It will be running a database written in PHP and MySQL. We would also like to host our e-mail on the same host/server. Our number one concern is reliability followed by performance followed by price. What would you guys suggest? So far I have looked at Rack Space, Lunar Pages, Yahoo! Small Business Hosting. Thanks for your help!lycos is goodRackspace is good choice if you can afford them. They are bit on expensive side..

Wish you best of luck..well, I have tried many webhosts , some were good and some were bad. In recent days, I tried a new webhost company, and really found them great. Their performance is great, they are highly reliable and at the same time they are affordable. And one of the great advantage using that webhost is their 24x7 support, their responce is v ery very quick ( i.e 5minutes only).All of you must try that: hostingPridedotnet The only problem with them is that they havent marketed themselves well , otherwise they would have topped all the webhosting charts.I had recommended that webhost to my friend, who after thoroughly checking their serivces , hosted his search engine's sites on their servers. regardsadilRackspace are absolute quality mate. I would stick with them if i was you...That's not always true.

Sometimes the "little hosts" are much more willing to provide a truly personal and "above and beyond" level of service/support.

I couldn't have said it better myself :)