Which management company TRULLY support Tomcat/Java?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not satisfied with a level of support I'm getting from Platinumservermanagement. Is there another good mgt company that provides Tomcat support?If you are using primarily a Java/tomcat application, I suggest you steer away from cpanel.I'm not satisfied with a level of support I'm getting from Platinumservermanagement.

Is there another good mgt company that provides Tomcat support?

I just updated your ticket clarifying this situation.
But I'd still like to respond to your comment here.

What mnemonik23 is looking for is a custom tomcat installation and a custom tomcat configuration support. We do not provide this. The only support we provide relating to tomcat is the standard tomcat installation and configuration and to make sure it works. Other than that, we normally do not provide any customization or support for tomcat.

However, the tech that picked up the ticket with his custom tomcat installation/configuration request decided to help out with this custom request as a courtesy. He could've said in the first place, no we do not provide custom tomcat installations/configurations, but he decided to go above and beyond the call of duty and help out.

We do this quite often, since we always try to help wherever possible, even if it is something we don't technically support (ie, certain 3rd party end user scripts, custom java installations, etc).

But apparently this courtesy has gone unappreciated and backfired on us. Before mnemonik23 even told us they were not satisfied, they ran here are complained about us. I feel this is grossly unfair. As I said, we could've simply responded saying we do not support custom tomcat installations/configurations in the first place.

Anyway, I don't think this thread is entirely about us, mnemonik23's intention is also to find someone who provides support "specifically" for tomcat/java which is something we do not offer.

If anyone has any other questions about us with this, feel free to contact us directly.

Thanks,
EthanWhich custom tomcat setup are you talking about???It took me 4 days to just replying to your tickets that default tomcat that you have installed doesn't work at all. JSP were not compiling and showing as regular txt files, Tomcat was throwing bunch of errors like this and your knowledgeable support was responding that everything is fine. Sales rep told me very clearly: We can install tomcat for you and configure it I'm canceling my account, sorry guys. Maybe you are good with something else but not Tomcat. Feb 8, 2007 11:17:25 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start SEVERE: Catalina.start: LifecycleException: Protocol handler start failed: java.net.BindException: Address already in use:8080 at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.start(Connector.java:1091) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:459) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:680) at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:536) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585) at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:275) at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413) Feb 8, 2007 11:17:25 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start INFO: Server startup in 1429 ms Feb 8, 2007 11:17:25 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer await SEVERE: StandardServer.await: create[8005]: java.net.BindException: Address already in use at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:359) at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:319) at java.net.ServerSocket.[init](ServerSocket.java:185) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.await(StandardServer.java:343) at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.await(Catalina.java:600) at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:560) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585) at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:275) at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)Yes, our sales department did say we install and configure tomcat, and I am saying that as well, with the default standard installation and configuration.

This was your request:
"Java 1.5.0_06 and Tomcat 5.5.12
For JVM heap size please allocate 128m for Xms and 160m for Xmx. "

That surely is not a standard cpanel tomcat installation.

The ticket alone that you refer to that was ongoing for 4 days included OVER 20 REPLIES from us within 4 days! This ticket was not ignored, and plenty of time was spent on it.

Regardless, the fact of the matter is that we went above and beyond what we had to, whether you appreciate it or not. There is still no reason to come here and complain BEFORE even discussing this with us. This is just unprofessional and I do not know any company that would want to work with someone like that.

Thank you,
EthanYes, our sales department did say we install and configure tomcat, and I am saying that as well, with the default standard installation and configuration. This was your request:"Java 1.5.0_06 and Tomcat 5.5.12 For JVM heap size please allocate 128m for Xms and 160m for Xmx. " That surely is not a standard cpanel tomcat installation. The ticket alone that you refer to that was ongoing for 4 days included OVER 20 REPLIES from us within 4 days! This ticket was not ignored, and plenty of time was spent on it. Regardless, the fact of the matter is that we went above and beyond what we had to, whether you appreciate it or not. There is still no reason to come here and complain BEFORE even discussing this with us. This is just unprofessional and I do not know any company that would want to work with someone like that. Thank you,Ethanright, just replieas - no solutions. And JVM heap size has nothing to do with default Tomcat not working! Don't you think that 4 days is more that enough to get a default Tomcat working? Could you please start your own thread? I'm looking for a solution not for a discussion on how great you guys are. Thanks.right, just replieas - no solutions. And JVM heap size has nothing to do with default Tomcat not working! Don't you think that 4 days is more that enough to get a default Tomcat working?
Tomcat was working, we proved that it was working in the beginning, and we continued to work with you for the next 4 days on the same issue. Again, I'd like to repeat that there were over 20 replies from us within those 4 days to that ticket alone, plus 6 other unrelated tickets resolved within those same 4 days as well.

Could you please start your own thread? I'm looking for a solution not for a discussion on how great you guys are.

Thanks.
If you did not want us to reply to this thread, then you should not have mentioned our name. We have every right and are encouraged to defend ourself in any thread that with a negative comment about us. Furthermore, you continued commenting on us in your additional replies, which is the only reason why we also continued to respond to each and every one of them. If you do not want a discussion on us, then you should not have included our name in this in the first place, or continue to comment on us in your additional replies.

I don't see any reason to discuss this further publicly, and I won't unless you continue to make negative remarks about us. So if you do not want to continue the discussion about us, simply do not make any more negative remarks about us.Tomcat was working, we proved that it was working in the beginning, and we continued to work with you for the next 4 days on the same issue. Again, I'd like to repeat that there were over 20 replies from us within those 4 days to that ticket alone, plus 6 other unrelated tickets resolved within those same 4 days as well. If you did not want us to reply to this thread, then you should not have mentioned our name. We have every right and are encouraged to defend ourself in any thread that with a negative comment about us. Furthermore, you continued commenting on us in your additional replies, which is the only reason why we also continued to respond to each and every one of them. If you do not want a discussion on us, then you should not have included our name in this in the first place, or continue to comment on us in your additional replies. I don't see any reason to discuss this further publicly, and I won't unless you continue to make negative remarks about us. So if you do not want to continue the discussion about us, simply do not make any more negative remarks about us. I'd advise your support to take some lessons on Tomact/JSP (of course if you would like to support it).From what you are saying "it was working" is that JSP code was displayed as a regular text in browser and JSP tags were not processed by Tomcat. However, your support was telling me that this is how test JSP is designed, common :D Listen, I understand that you guys want to keep a high rating here and I don't want to let you down just because one person does not have a specific expirience or because you guys wanted to help me with something you do not support. I think I figured Tomcat issue and now it's working fine ;) so no hard feelings.I'd gladly reopen my account with you if you still wish to have me as your customer. So far all the rquests were handled very well, except that Tomcat issue, but no more talks about it.