Which Languages do I need?

liunx

I am making a new google-style website. Which languages do I need to perform the following?

- Search engine
- Database
- Let people submit photo
- Let people rate submitted websiteswhich ever language your server lets you run and what ever language is easier for you to use and update with. personal opinion, php would be great for this.So PHP can do all of this?why not?Jeremy (from this forum), said that I also need MySQL. He says PHP uses MySQL. I don't get all this databasing stuff. I need to learn MySQL now? :confused:If you need to store information about your users or sites (such as this rating you say you needed) then, yes, you will have to learn a database system and if you're a PHP programming then mySQL is definitely the way to go.

In fact, for most web sites of any language, mySQL is probably the way to go as it is much more widely serviced by Hosts than any other Database System.Originally posted by rjlstar
Jeremy (from this forum), said that I also need MySQL. He says PHP uses MySQL. I don't get all this databasing stuff. I need to learn MySQL now? :confused:
then you better get to reading

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.php.net">www.php.net</a><!-- w -->

that has all you need to know about both systems, php and mysql.