what kind of pitches should be on offer in India-Australia test series?

beHideas

Last time India offered Nagpur wicket, which was just a stereotype of Australian grassy wicket and also offered a Mumbai wicket which was a vicious turner ! India has not got very good wickets abroad, of course there are some exceptions like adeliade and durban! SL offers the most one sided wickets where the consitions are typically favorible to hosts!<br />
<br />
do you think India should make vicious turners and grab the home advantage ?<br />
if not , why ?<br />
god bless!<br />
<br />

A good SCG like pitch. Good batting pitch with something in it for the pace bowlers and later on in the game, something in it for the spinners.

India have a pretty good record at the SCG.

Shash

We might debate on this forever, but after the pasting in Lanka, and considering that most of the known spinners for the Oz have retired, the picthes are going to be duustbowls with vicious turn )

Your Q reminded me of the Nagpur pitch incident.
Pitches should be where both parties and fans enjoy a good match. At the same time, vicious turners are always a good idea. No opponent develops pitches for India to win. So no need for India to be so very hospitable either.
Modern thinking is grab what you can. So be it.

ThisWay

I think they are going to be pitches just set to suit the Indian bowlers.Dry,dusty and not a blade of grass..

Proberly be a one sided affair as far as pitch suitability is concerned.

Melanie

Well firstly i don't think Sri Lankan pitches are always in favour of the hosts. India did a fantastic job with the ball in the last ODI. I have to say the Sri Lankan pitches are quite dependent on who wins teh toss, which shows that they aren't very good pitches.

I think Indian pitches have been quite good, i haven't heard of them being bad or boring. India should make pitches that give India a name. And preferably a good name unlike for example Sri Lanka pitches.

Like Aussie pitches offer bounce and swing.
I think India should make their own type of pitches, not necasarily to suit them but to give Indian pitches a name.

CJwGtGD

I think Melanie has given a good point regarding toss. But still, there are some "strengths" of a team so the home curators can prepare keeping in mind those, & then they can be utilized by the team.

TheOracle

Ideally, the pitches should have pace and bounce on the first couple of days, so be good for batting on, but also offering assistance to the fast bowlers. As the pitches wears, it should start to become more conducive to the spinners.

However, as India are at home, they should prepare pitches that best suit them. If they feel that spin is the answer (and bear in mind Australia's threadbare resources in that area) then they should produce raging turners.